Maksim

Resume Places - Job changing/Job hunting thread

Considering I had joined the unemployment ranks a few months ago, and then going to a place where I did not feel the company was a good fit, you post your resume quite often. Most often, people hear of monster, career builder, and hotjobs.... here are a few more places for job hunting, resume listing, and employement type services.

Free Places to Post and Search

Snag a Job - Number one place for part time, and hourly full time employment search. Free to join.

Vault.com - Comprehensive site. Have used these guys myself.

Beyond.com Career Network- top notch place for niche industries and careers.

Executive Search Online - Just as it says. =)

RiseSmart - 100k+ type of jobs

climber- 50k+ jobs, their job is to put you in front of recruiters

HotResumes.com - Free resume posting.

Creative Jobs Central - for creative jobs. =P Employers search and post free.

Just Tech Jobs.com - Just tech jobs... as the title goes.

Paid Resume Search/Posting

EmailMyResume.com - they distribute your resume and cover letter to targeted companies and recruiters

Resume Zapper.com - these guys send off your resume to 1000+ recruiters.

Services -

e-Resume.net- they are a service that works with you to build you a custom resume. I personally did not use them, however have seen their work, and it is good.

AnalyzeMyCareer - Personality and aptitude testing service that tries to match you up to prospective careers.

In this state if you dont work for a union or the state it's hard for you to pull together some cash, so im jumping on the bandwagon to see if I can find one of these jobs. I just wish employers who aren't union or state would treat their employees with more respect and give them the raises and benefits as it says in their policy.

lol im a security officer right now

Its great isnt it? :lol: I worked my ass off to graduate with a bachelors, and the job market tanks, now Im doing security. Ive been promoted to a supervisor, but still, it sucks. I know there are alot of people out there much worse off than I am, so I really cant complain.

lol im a security officer right now

Its great isnt it? :lol: I worked my a** off to graduate with a bachelors, and the job market tanks, now Im doing security. Ive been promoted to a supervisor, but still, it sucks. I know there are alot of people out there much worse off than I am, so I really cant complain.

Im in the same boat. I graduated in May 09 with my BA... and im working two part jobs (both in retail). Everyone I talk to says the same thing... "You picked a great time to graduate." And its really hard to find something 'entry level' now too. I am able to pay my bills on time though with these part time jobs, so i really cant complain too much.

And thank you for creating this thread, Maksim. This will deff help with landing a full time career.

Here is a high end (not cheap, but you are getting top notch) who offers target blasting, individual branding, etc).

http://www.resumepro.com/index.htm

It happens to be my father's company and he is one of THE top resume writers in the world.

Clients include CEO types in the Million + per year salary area and down to recent college grads.

indeed.com is nice. try linkup.com it searches the companies' own job boards, kind of indeed does for big boards.

My wife and I are trying to change jobs right now. I'm an Operations Supervisor (warehouse) and I'm looking to move up and she's a Unix Sys Admin. so anyone know of anything anywhere, let me know. and I'd be glad to help anyone else with job hunting or whatever other advice.

Well since I found this thread i thought i'd give it a shot. Anybody know of or have any purchasing/procurement gigs let me know.

and to everyone else searching, Good luck! its tough out there.

any suggestions on someone re-writing my resume? i am looking for a possible career change, going back to finance & maybe relocating out of state. currently, im an operation mgr for a liquid waste co. *btw, im sitting for the civil service test for a parole offficer on Dec 11, any other suggestions?

My wife is in the same boat , graduated with her BA , went on to get her paralegal certificate and now student loans are rolling in and theres nothing out there in the legal profession , tough tough times , hopefully something changes soon , student loans are a **** !!!

My company is about to start hiring again. We do a 3 week on 3 week off vacation rotation. You only work 6mos a year! Must be willing to travel and have a current good standing with the law and a current passport. Long hours and manual labor intensive. Preferred to have either a mechanical, hydraulics, or electrics background. Certifications not required, just a basic understanding. Full benefits, and pay starts at about $90k a year. After a breakout period of 5 years(considered an apprentice) pay jumps considerably. PM me for more info.

My company is about to start hiring again. We do a 3 week on 3 week off vacation rotation. You only work 6mos a year! Must be willing to travel and have a current good standing with the law and a current passport. Long hours and manual labor intensive. Preferred to have either a mechanical, hydraulics, or electrics background. Certifications not required, just a basic understanding. Full benefits, and pay starts at about $90k a year. After a breakout period of 5 years(considered an apprentice) pay jumps considerably. PM me for more info.

plz forward me some details.

...gotta love have NO KIDS!

IT? If you live decently close to NYC, check this out. http://www.eci.com/about_us/join-us.html

If you want to apply, send me a PM and I'll give you my email address so I can forward it to HR. Everyone I refer gets a call back within 24 hours.

I am looking for a customer service/corporate training//writing/project management position. Please provide any leads.

Thanks.

former gm mechanic turned ironworker (local 46 nyc) also vol firefighter. tried a few times to be paid firefighter but either the budget dies or veterans get preference. construction is tanking bad. after ground zero got mostly buttoned up there are no big projects. been out of work since october with only a few one week gigs in between. looking for some kind of construction or metalworking job. associates in applied science.