There are certain places that do not allow it.

First I think it must be shipped UPS ground. DO NOT use the USPS.

NYC, Maryland, Washington DC and Parts of California do not allow ammo to be sent. (There may be more). Easiest way to be sure is to check an online ammo site and see if they will ship to your desired address.

He's in Missouri he's ordered ammo by mail so it's legal for him to get it, I'm more concerned that it's legal for me to SEND it. It's JHP so technically in NJ if it's not at my dwelling for home protection and unless I'm transporting it to or from the range or the place of purchase I can't have it from what I understand. So if I'm carrying a package to ship to him, that's outside the boundaries of the law. NJ is messed up.

as far as ups is concerned, as long as it is in seperate packages (factory boxes, or smaller inner boxes) and has the words "ORM-D, Cartridges, Small Arms" on all 6 sides of the box, its ok to send via ground. USPS does not take Ammo, and It may or may not be a crime to send it through them.

Here is a link to a label you can print out and tape on the box. I've used this before: ORMDLabel.gif

It can be any color and only one needed per package. Here's one that uses less ink. CLICK HERE

Hey PK,

If that is true (which it probably is).. the guys at the Edison Customer Counter are wrong then. I had that one sticker printed and taped on securely on the top of the box, and after he cut open the package to "check the contents".. he handed me a magic marker and made me write on all sides of the box.

Here is a page with good explanation and links. Everything said so far be coldsolderjoint and PK90 is correct. This just adds some details and references.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 3&t=372846

edison is a hassle - if you have time just ask him to show you the regulation in his manual , if he refuses ask to see a supervisor ! -