Scrap

Help installing Magpul MOE Stock on 15-22

I am thinking about ordering a Magpul stock for the 15-22 ... I am just not sure how to install it. I checked with a few ppl, some said not to mess with the 15-22 Compliant version's stock, it was not going to be change-able ... Then I called Smith and Wesson and the guy said not only CAN you do it, he himself owns the 15-22 Compliant version and he changed his own stock to put an aftermarket (not a Magpul, a different brand stock but still same idea) on his... He said I could do this and it would not void any warranty etc.

I am just wondering how to do this/how hard it would be? I don't want to spend the 50-100 bucks to find out either I can't do it, I break something, and/or I can't find anyone to do it for me or help me... Any ideas/suggestions?

I really like what I've done with my 15-22, and I get a lot of compliments etc but the stock needs to be changed for me to consider it "done"...

The best advice I can give is if you are uncertain about how to do it, have a gunsmith install it for you. This way you know it will be done properly, and won't run the risk of posibly damaging the gun. It will cost a little more, but piece of mind is worth it.

Aside from just removing the existing stock, you would also need to have the Magpul MOE stock permanently pinned in place. You could do both tasks yourself, it just depends on your level of comfort and abilities. I tinker ALOT with my firearms, but even I draw the line and seek a professional when I don't feel 100% confident.

Yes thank you gents , I would indeed like to have it done. Unfortunately CMO where I bought the rifle won't do it, they " don't want to screw it up " ... Anyone on here interested ,? Also if anyone has comments on the differences of the Magpul stocks , I'd like to hear them , i figure just to go MOE but If you have the upgraded stock or even that Masada/SCAR type stock please tell your opinions. I'm probably going OD MOE , seen as low as $45 , RRages I think $65.

If I remember correctly, you're somewhere in South Jersey... shoot PK90 a message.. he should be able to do it.

Regarding the different stocks, I'd stick with the MOE. Most of the other "features" on the higher end stocks would go to waste on a .22 and you can use the money you save to go towards the money you have pay someone to switch out the stock.

If I remember correctly, you're somewhere in South Jersey... shoot PK90 a message.. he should be able to do it.

Regarding the different stocks, I'd stick with the MOE. Most of the other "features" on the higher end stocks would go to waste on a .22 and you can use the money you save to go towards the money you have pay someone to switch out the stock.

Here is the stock I am having installed

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=455458

It's nice, and I completely agree the more expensive , higher "quality" Magpul stocks aren't really necessary on a .22LR.

And I have a pretty cool scheme on the rifle, OD Green MBUIS, MOE Pistol Grip, MOE Angled Fore Grip, and now will have the MOE Stock, all in OD Green.

The Quad Rail has a digital camo scheme of the XTM Rail Cover clips, in OD Green, Flat Dark Earth, Black, and Foliage Green ... I may change that around some time but as of now, that's how it is. I can't decide if I want to leave the XTM covers the way they are (Basically I bought a package of each color, and dumped them into the box, and then mixed them up and pulled at random, and established one side as a random color "digital camo" pattern. I then repeated that on the other side, and used the extras on the top.) ... Or might get some more OD Green clips and make it completely OD Green scheme on the black, or even get another set of each color and further randomize the camo pattern. One thing that was not told to me by the person/company I bought the XTM clips (and other stuff) from, was that a package of XTM clips do not cover the 15-22. It was said "One pack covers a standard carbine length rail so a pack of each will cover 4 sides"... But the 15-22 apparently has a longer than standard quad rail, it requires 6 to 7 clips instead of 4, so I couldn't do it completely right.

img0297gb.th.jpg

img0296.th.jpg

img0295rb.th.jpg

Will post a new pic when the stock is on...

Thanks much VJ.

I actually have seen one other thought process/setup that I liked a lot. I take it, apparently, the "flat dark earth" was more "bright tan-ish" before..

like this :

http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Magpul_masada_Ctsy_Zak_Smith_Demigod_LLC.jpg

So I saw a "digital camo pattern" on a carbine, and the rail had a lot of that tan-ish color amongst the XTM rails. But they also used one of the Magpul fore grips , NOT the angled fore grip that I have , one of the vertical ones (which are short, squat, stubby,) and that also was in the tan-ish Flat Dark Earth. That really made the rifle nice as well. I don't have a duty weapon / combat carbine / etc. so my S&W M&P 15-22 is both my only AR style rifle, it's my primary but also it's just plain fun for me, so messing around to get the look or looks that I like is fun for me... Which, contrary to what a lot of people believe and practice, I believe that they should bring you FUN, and Magpul accessories make the 15-22 more fun for me, so therefore, that's how I roll.

Hopefully I don't get to the point where I have a whole different bunch of sets of accessories and colors so I can Magpul-mashup my rifle according to mood or day of the week. That would be fantastically terrible and awesome at the same time.

The 15-22 was DEFINITELY a fun little gun, I traded mine off because I wanted something more practical and didnt have the cash to buy it. I plan to eventually get another .22, dont know if it will be a 15-22 though. Definitely a great gun though.

Yea get a Ruger 10/22, a Remington 870, a Bushmaster AR/M4, ... and so on... and you can be JUST LIKE everyone else!

Just kidding, ain't nothing personal, I'll do what work for me , ya do what works for you! The S&W M&P 15-22 is one of my all around most favorite firearms purchase... it's high quality, effective, entertaining, highly modifiable.. but dirt cheap to shoot, excellent accurate with cheap and match-championship accurate with real good ammo, just all around awesome.

Completely different monsters, the 10/22 and the 15-22. I personally chose a semi-auto and scoped Remington 597 .22LR in synthetic stock *AND* a Savage GXP, checkered fine wooded , bolt action, .22LR MARK II, to go along with my S&W M&P 15-22 AR style 22LR... so I have rimfire covered and I did not and would not get a 10/22... but they're great, just not my cup of tea.

Note: I've been feeling bad about the optic on this (and also another NcStar optic I have put on the PAP) ... and i just found out,

Apparently it's the exact copy of what Sig calls their HOLOsight and puts on their fancy model of the SIG556 ... LOL... Now I don't feel so bad in fact I feel much better now. Not only is it Magpul customized its got a SIG knockoff. S&W M&P 15-22 Scrapul Model.