robs609

Post Your Tactical Shotgun Pics

I'm reading through this thread and I'm thinking tactical = attached accessories. If tactical is a state of mind, does one really need attachments and gizmos to their weapon of choice?

Certain things are tactical and other things are tacticool. A shell carrier is tactical, a heat-shield or pistol-grip is tacticool. Still doesn't make it corny, as a 12 gauge pump is still a bad-@ss tool!

Certain things are tactical and other things are tacticool. A shell carrier is tactical, a heat-shield or pistol-grip is tacticool. Still doesn't make it corny, as a 12 gauge pump is still a bad-@ss tool!

Does that make my trench gun tacti-cool? :icon_e_confused:

lol

Does that make my trench gun tacti-cool? :icon_e_confused:

lol

I gotta see pics to be the judge of that. If it's a home defense gun then yeah, it would just get in the way. If it's a street sweeper, than it COULD work.

That is an awesome shotgun....What the hell kind is it????

It is a Saiga 12 (pretty sure).. you can convert it to full "AK" furniture.. pistol grip and all.. just not in NJ.. I plan to buy one the second I make it to a free state.. lol

NOT mine.. but just saying... you can even get a drum for it!

mdarms_drum_saiga_6852.jpg

Yep, vlad nailed it. It's a Saiga 12.

This thing is the fastest cycling semi-auto I know. The Benelli M4 is pretty fast but this puts it to shame. In the free states, you can convert it into a pistol grip (like my Saiga 308) and you can get 20 and 12 round drums for it. Others are developing 10 and 12 round double stack mags for it also. It comes with a 5 round mag but the Russians have an 8 rounder single stack.

If it has one design flaw, I'd say it's the gas regulator right above the barrel. You need a tool to switch it from low to high setting but there are aftermarket plugs you can buy that makes switching it easier (one hand operation, no tools required). There's even an autoregulating plug sold by tac47 but it's not meant for magnum loads. I think I'm going to get that and install it but it's a relatively new offering so I'll wait to see what the reviews have to say about it.

I've left it bone stock with the exception of the crappy UTG ak mount for my aimpoint and surefire. That mount flexes a lot (was using it on my 308) so I decided it was better off on a shotgun.

Vlad, I'd get it anyway regardless of where you live. You'll be grinning like a sailor on payday in Hong Kong after doing a mag dump.

Caine, it's a utg mount that has two sets of rails on it (one is offset). The surefire has a rail adapter so that it can attach to the offset mount. This rig allows me to use my right hand to operate everything in this order: light, optic, safety, charging handle.

Yep, vlad nailed it. It's a Saiga 12.

This thing is the fastest cycling semi-auto I know. The Benelli M4 is pretty fast but this puts it to shame. In the free states, you can convert it into a pistol grip (like my Saiga 308) and you can get 20 and 12 round drums for it. Others are developing 10 and 12 round double stack mags for it also. It comes with a 5 round mag but the Russians have an 8 rounder single stack.

If it has one design flaw, I'd say it's the gas regulator right above the barrel. You need a tool to switch it from low to high setting but there are aftermarket plugs you can buy that makes switching it easier (one hand operation, no tools required). There's even an autoregulating plug sold by tac47 but it's not meant for magnum loads. I think I'm going to get that and install it but it's a relatively new offering so I'll wait to see what the reviews have to say about it.

I've left it bone stock with the exception of the crappy UTG ak mount for my aimpoint and surefire. That mount flexes a lot (was using it on my 308) so I decided it was better off on a shotgun.

Vlad, I'd get it anyway regardless of where you live. You'll be grinning like a sailor on payday in Hong Kong after doing a mag dump.

Caine, it's a utg mount that has two sets of rails on it (one is offset). The surefire has a rail adapter so that it can attach to the offset mount. This rig allows me to use my right hand to operate everything in this order: light, optic, safety, charging handle.

I would love to.. but I simply can NOT stand the factory Saiga fire control group.. it does the gun NO justice.. lol

I will own that thing one day.. but dealing with the loss of job and possible move.. now is just not the time.. :icon_e_biggrin:

I would love to.. but I simply can NOT stand the factory Saiga fire control group.. it does the gun NO justice.. lol

I will own that thing one day.. but dealing with the loss of job and possible move.. now is just not the time.. :icon_e_biggrin:

Oh man. Sorry, I wish you the best of luck with that.

I hear you about the trigger. But it's good enough that I can feel the reset point (and ride it) and let's face it, a shotgun doesn't require the same smooth trigger press as a rifle would. I think of shotgun accuracy in minutes of spread/choke.

You guys and your silly plastic stocks :icon_lol:

This is a fun gun/re-enacting gun that moonlights as a HD gun. Thats an original 1913 british bayonet. The shotgun is Norinco.

DSC00748.jpg

DSC00747.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

Yup, that bayonet is too long.

Its so you arent at a length disadvantage when you are up against mausers and such with bayonets. No such thing as too long :D

Right, it's perfect for a trench in France or a beach-head in Normandy. But in my bedroom it's too long.