jermz1987

Central Registration for ZED

Feeding children and the elderly to hoards of the undead will be an everyday occurrence in Zombie land. They make excellent decoys. Its tricky with the elderly because the undead will most likely mistake them for one of there own, But nothing a steak necklace cant fix.

This probably isn't the most fun of all the tactics that get talked about but I think the best thing is head onto a cruise ship.

You can get away from the zombies. Plenty of food and spaces to prepare it, Living quarters. Recreationial activities. Mobile.

Soooo, whose got a cruise ship?

Yea, but in normal peace times, the amount of disease that can/is transmitted through a cruise ship is atrocious (not to mention how quickly it can spread). Imagine fighting of Zs and disease-- and that's not even mentioning the possibilities if someone got infected on board! Plus, speaking as a ground-pounder, I'll prefer to keep my feet on the ground.

Yea, but in normal peace times, the amount of disease that can/is transmitted through a cruise ship is atrocious (not to mention how quickly it can spread). Imagine fighting of Zs and disease-- and that's not even mentioning the possibilities if someone got infected on board! Plus, speaking as a ground-pounder, I'll prefer to keep my feet on the ground.

I dont think you would have to fight any zombies from a cruise ship, just get to it. As for disease? I wouldnt fill the ship either. Just NJGUNFORUM members and families and friends!

I like the cruise ship idea, But I think it would be very hard. Even if we came across a docked cruise ship. Doesn't it take a lot to get it out into open water.

That would be the hardest part. Im sure it could be figured out. Not like we have to go far. Just like a mile offshore.

Failing that there are plenty of decent sized yachts around that can hold a decent amount of people comfortablely. Just nab a few of them. Then get a boat thats used for food storage.

This will prob take the little amount of fun out of it all (actually shooting zombies) but we can get a few small motorboats and get in close to land and take shots at em from the safety of the boat.

I gotta admit I think my gameplan for a zombie apocolypse has changed since thinking of these ideas. I would most certainly grab supplies and head to the ocean.

Disclaimer: The following is said in jest. Please, for those in black helis and unmarked vans, don't come snatching me up on the way to my afternoon class :ph34r:

There are a good number of cruise ships that depart from NYC... or the USS Intrepid, though, I couldn't imagine that would be too luxurious

but you'd have to fight through the zombie horde to get into NYC and into the harbor. if we do the ship thing - I think there's plenty of yachts docked in South Jersey. The South team isn't organized at all, so we just go over there and grab the boats. It'll be like Battlestar Galactica, but on water... with zombies...

Trying to get to NYC through the streets and towns would be suicide. Even if you make it to NYC. Can you imagine the amount of Zombies you would have to get through.A good idea would be to find your closest body of water and see if it flows to a bay. I would rather hop a small boat and ride it through until I got to open water and ride the coast until I found a bigger boat. Again I am not sure if this is possible.

Hey, I never said floating around on boats was a good idea. I think its a terrible idea actually. It will need fuel, or sails... which segways into that it'll need a proficient helmsman/woman. Regardless of the size of the vessel, the close proximity of people would increase the opportunity for disease to spread quicker (even the common cold). To maintain the vessel, it would possibly require some special tools, and possibly specialized knowledge. And, my biggest reason why I don't like the idea, it has virtually no egress routes. A rubber duck? That means that would have to be maintained, and it would have limited capacity. Jumping ship? And risk leaving most items behind or having them ruined-- plus being stuck treading water and getting to shore safely (which is a problem in itself).

I'd rather find a solid structure with decent space. Have enough space outside to grow some produce, as well as for basic calisthenics and morale. Further within, compartmentalized sections for sleeping quarters, HQ, OP, etc. And yes, there's a reason why a 'castle' comes to mind :icon_e_wink:. Most maintenance is general knowledge, with some specialized knowledge. Most hazards can be dealt with without jeopardizing the greater whole (fires for example). And there are plenty of egress routes that can be planned ahead of time, and executed upon without so many other variables.