jermz1987

Central Registration for ZED

And even with training, none of that would be any effective. Best weapon? A .22. You want skull penetration, thats it. You dont want anything more. You start blowing stuff up, you will just attract more attention. Realistically I would take an MP-15-22 with several 30rd mags, and a .22 pistol. Even better would be a suppressor on both. Just over the border in PA you can get a P22 with a suppressor for ~$650....that would be ideal.

And even with training, none of that would be any effective. Best weapon? A .22. You want skull penetration, thats it. You dont want anything more. You start blowing stuff up, you will just attract more attention. Realistically I would take an MP-15-22 with several 30rd mags, and a .22 pistol. Even better would be a suppressor on both. Just over the border in PA you can get a P22 with a suppressor for ~$650....that would be ideal.

You dont think the chicks would be effective??? I beg to differ! :icon_twisted:

I know that as I help Glenn defend his house with my AR15 he will tell me with each and every shot how much he hates it. But I think .223/5.56 is more useful than .22LR. You are pretty much guaranteed that it's going to penetrate the cranium where as .22LR may not.

Or maybe the 12ga 3" trench clearing Model 12 I need to get fixed. Boooooom. :icon_lol:

5.56 and 9mm FTW!

I know that as I help Glenn defend his house with my AR15 he will tell me with each and every shot how much he hates it.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

hahhahahahahahahaa oh, I can't stop laughing - hilarious !!!! I can imagine it... we're on the second floor of Glenn's house, shooting off the zombies... Glenn is yelling: that piece of sh*t jam yet??? dude, you should've gotten an AK - here, use my PSL!!!

I know that as I help Glenn defend his house with my AR15 he will tell me with each and every shot how much he hates it. But I think .223/5.56 is more useful than .22LR. You are pretty much guaranteed that it's going to penetrate the cranium where as .22LR may not.

Or maybe the 12ga 3" trench clearing Model 12 I need to get fixed. Boooooom. :icon_lol:

This is true. And if you are holding out somewhere, yes I would take a rifle caliber. But having a .22 would definitely be useful.

.....I think we are looking too much into this :icon_lol:

Kinda small but for an attack team of say 6-8 it would serve a purpose.

I just thought it was funny that someone owns one in NJ, and turned it into a party vehicle. Probably someone from Jersey Shore.

Two compete sets of batteries, one for the engine and vehicle and the other for the stereo / audio equipment, custom front bucket seats, rear bench seats, mirrored ceiling, disco ball, shag carpeting, rope lighting, Horn Blaster air horns (locomotive styled horns).

:facepalm:

In Neptune here, on the 2nd & 3rd floor condo. I acutally am in a really safe position as long as i could baracade the front door and stairs..

No real formal training, but i have a few guns and lots of ammo LOL

Can i take part in the zombie hunting experience?!? :icon_mrgreen:

Checking in from Woodbridge. I'm starting to build my collection but i have enough to hold me till i get to the marina and hold down a refugee gather point. Setting sail to Bahamas wanna know if anyone else would wanna help me clear out an island and live the life until the end of days? Heading south during hurricane season maybe settle in Barbados eventually or Trinidad and Tobago(proximity to south america to get meat and some vegetables) to escape hurricanes.

Freehold here.

Just getting into firearms but have been prepping for a while.

I'm medically trained and have been stockpiling what I can.

Picking up and .22lr rifle and 9mm pistol next week and putting an order in for an AR15.

Figured since i am posting into an old thread i will make it a good one. If we are still recruiting i am in.

Military experience:

Undercover work as Mario to save a damsel in distress

Solo operation as Link saving another damsel this time with a sword

Kicking alien ass sometimes using special codes such as Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right, B, A

Way to many hours being called a camper sniping underage kids in COD

Okay so no real military experience

I am an IT Analyst but figure if SHTF prob wont be a need for internet access, network design/implantation, or working computers in general.

Piscataway/Plainfield here. I bring the cynicism that "are there really Zombies?".

Probably not the dead-person-come-back-to-life that can survive indefinitely with entrails hanging out of their stomachs...

...but a neurotoxin that targets the "civilized" part of the brain and the pain receptors, leaving only a dimwitted, aggressive, hungry, pain-proof biped pretty believable. It's not too different from the "voodoo" zombies in Haiti - if they get aggressive and flesh-hungry, bingo.

All that said, I think bad weather, economic collapse, and terrorist attack are much more likely to happen. But if you're prepared for zombies, you're guaranteed to ALSO be prepared for conventional SHTF scenarios. http://zombiehunters.org/