fliks

The Walking Dead

With the Walking Dead TV show coming up and many of us reading the comics, I figured it would be good to start a thread about it. I'm reading the trade paperback collections (the ones that collect a few issues) and I just finished #10 - What We Become. so any thoughts and opinions on the comics & the show... here's a place for them...

When Breaking Bad is complete, I'm buying the whole show on DVD. Even though I never watched one episode, it looks like something you can sit and watch for a few hours on a rainy day.

Walking Dead TV, Halloween on AMC, NOTED!

I'm super excited about this show.

What I'm really interested in regarding the comic to show transition is to not so much see what they leave out (because things have to be), but how the development of characters pans out. How will some characters be portrayed (and who will play them is a huge aspect of that)? Which characters will get squeezed into other characters, and which characters will be completely left out?

To me, and many others, what makes The Walking Dead so darn awesome is its very primal focus on mainly the characters themselves and not necessarily the fact that its a zombie post-apocalyptic setting. This could be a story set in post-Katrina NOLA, or Belgrade during the Kosovo conflict... to see how people would react to such carnage is mystifying really...

... plus there's zombies :icon_cool:

ok - just finished #11 - "Fear the Hunters" - more crazy stuff. and to those of us with kids, really thought provoking. that whole incident with the Hunters I found very disturbing. I guess you can't really really decide until you're put into the situation, but there is no way I'm killing and eating my own children. I'd starve to death or just off myself before I do that. or other people's children, or other people for that matter. I think we cease being human at the point that we start killing and eating other humans.

• Like 1

Not really, man has been eating man since, well, since forever!

tastes like chicken.

My dvr won't let me go that far into the future but I plan on catchi g every episode after the little man goes to bed. Looks great. I hope it's not a disappointment.

tastes like chicken.

My dvr won't let me go that far into the future but I plan on catchi g every episode after the little man goes to bed. Looks great. I hope it's not a disappointment.

Frank Darabont directing (The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption), with Robert Kirkman executive producing (creator/writer of the comic series the show is based on)-- plus AMC "distributing" (basically having final say on public release)... I don't see how this can go wrong at all. AMC did kind of mess up with their remake of "The Prisoner" (debatable), but everything else they've done has been pure win.

On a side note, the titles/dates for the episodes have been released-- or at least IMDB has them as:

"Days Gone Bye": 31 Oct

"Guts": 7 Nov

"Tell It to the Frogs": 14 Nov

"Vatos": 21 Nov

"Wildfire": 28 Nov

"TS-19": 5 December

If you're obsessively familiar with the comic series, maybe those titles indicate what will be going on-- and, more importantly, how far into the series they might be going for season 1.

Not really, man has been eating man since, well, since forever!

c'mon Ray, I knew that. I was just stating my opinion. we're supposedly civilized, and I know I'd rather die than eat humans, especially children. I mean, we're not tribesmen running around the rain forest with loincloths and sticks through our noses.

if you've read that part of the comic, the leader of "the hunters" said that they gave up hunting animals because it was too difficult and decided that hunting humans was easier. he had also basically said that they killed and ate their children, and after that, killing and eating strangers was easy. It wasn't a situation like in "the Road" where there's nothing at all to eat, and even then, I'd rather die than eat humans. it's not like in "Alive" where they eat already dead frozen people because there is nothing else and they hope for a rescue.

I was fortunate enough to get to see episode 1 & 2 today. Both were awesome. I think everyone who has read the comic will be very pleased with the show and those that haven't read the comic will also like it. They're not pulling ANY punches in terms of how graphic it is.

I was fortunate enough to get to see episode 1 & 2 today. Both were awesome. I think everyone who has read the comic will be very pleased with the show and those that haven't read the comic will also like it. They're not pulling ANY punches in terms of how graphic it is.

Whaaaat. NY Comic-Con? Or using your IT magic to get hold of some BTs? Tell me your secret, 18 days is too long :(

Fair enough, ha, Secret Squirrel understands :icon_razz:

Man, I only got to keep boring secrets. Here you've seen something that a couple million people world-wide have been salivating over for months/years. Enjoy that power! :icon_e_biggrin: