fliks

The Walking Dead

I'm so torn...... Do I keep reading?

I enjoyed it as well. I think punching the guy was a d*ck move..... But he did in the book as well. I get that they have trust issues now though.

I bet those sketti - o's tasted great though!

and that was some punch LOL

This episode definitely peaked my interest.

- Interesting that they didn't hear any kids playing at first. it was only after everyone got out and they stood in front of the gate that the sounds suddenly started. Maybe it's just a recording they play for people while they are at the gate so make them feel at ease.

- If there are kids playing, why would they have them so close that they could be heard from the gate? If they can hear them from the gates, so could walkers.

- Resources - So these people have parabolic microphones, flares, food, vehicles, surgeons and the means to develop pictures. Either they are a HUGE community of people (preppers) who got together, were people who received aid by a government entity, or they're scavengers.

- Walls/Security - Huge metal walls around the entire perimeter which doesn't seem like it's small. Creating this is a huge endeavor that might require a lot of people to accomplish (lot of people lifting huge heavy wall while other people provided security from the walkers for the workers) or they used heavy equipment.

- If they are scavengers and obtain their resources by taking them from other survivors, why would they want Rick's group to join them? They have nothing but...

- Only thing they have is meat on their bones. Could they be another set of cannibals?

In my mind I'm hoping that they are legit and can finally bring some normalcy to the group. I know that can't be possible because the show is nowhere from coming to an end.

This episode definitely peaked my interest.

- Interesting that they didn't hear any kids playing at first. it was only after everyone got out and they stood in front of the gate that the sounds suddenly started. Maybe it's just a recording they play for people while they are at the gate so make them feel at ease.

Thats what i was thinking

I liked tonight's episode....

Same. I like that Rick is playing along and Darrel is stuck on his ways. Just hope that when the time comes everyone is quick to snap back to the way they used to be when they had to survive.

Ohh and next week on the Talki Dead they have a special guest appearance. Hope it's not another character they decide to off.

I liked tonight's episode....

Yes it was enjoyable. I liked it

"you look ridiculous".......lol

That was a great comment. Daryle's not settling in yet.

Same. I like that Rick is playing along and Darrel is stuck on his ways. Just hope that when the time comes everyone is quick to snap back to the way they used to be when they had to survive.

Ohh and next week on the Talki Dead they have a special guest appearance. Hope it's not another character they decide to off.

I think rick is open to the idea of a "Sanctuary" I personally think hes doing it more for his Crew then anything else.  I do like the fact Rick is still on Alert but willing to give the appearance of "Ok ill live here"    I have a new understanding of Carl as he is a kid that killed his own mom and he's worried about getting weak. Seems like a survivor to me.   We all know this place it doomed question is How and When.

What happened to Father Gabriel?

He's around.  I think he was not important for this Episode. They might back Story him next few episodes to who where he was. Maybe he was chatting with the congress women.

I like how Carol is playing them. On the down side, Rick found a listening device in the car (previous episode) so they are probably keeping track of everything they are doing, maybe they have the houses bugged too. 

Carl's love interest (?) seems to know things are not right and she wants out.

What happened to Father Gabriel?

I think his "job" was obvious and he is "working" on some sort of religious aspect for the town.

i liked how Darrel is in no hurry to give up his hillbilly survivalist mode, gutting the possum and slopping its guts on the front porch of the mansion- nice touch lol. And why are the steel walls braced from the outside? that bothers me for some reason. 

i liked how Darrel is in no hurry to give up his hillbilly survivalist mode, gutting the possum and slopping its guts on the front porch of the mansion- nice touch lol. And why are the steel walls braced from the outside? that bothers me for some reason.

That was aiming I was wondering also. Her husband was a shitty architect lol

Daryl has no other mode.  Didn't the emo girl scurry up a brace on the inside when she went for a walk on the wild side?

Hunter wrote:

down side, Rick found a listening device in the car (previous episode) so they are probably keeping track of everything they are doing, maybe they have the houses bugged too.

They do seem to like their surveillance gadgets. 

There's a new sheriff in town, and his name ain't Reggie Hammond.  Is Rick is going down the same path as the Govnuh.?

She used a seam between 2 plates and apparently had a spike that she drove through a hole to get a handhold to get out.

yeah, my bad.  I just watched the episode again.  One thing that kinda piqued my curiosity .  You cant see in, you can't see out.  Funny that the Congresswoman said "I guess we lost to the communists after all" while they actually live behind an iron curtain.

I'm guessing the name of the city, Alexandria, is going to have some significance.  Ancient Alexandria was once a grand economic, cultural and intellectual capital.  It eventually fell to the Muslims and was plundered of it's resources. It is still today considered one of the greatest tragedies because of all of the knowledge lost when the muzzies burned down the library.  Alexandria had the largest library in the world at it's peak.  Deanna had quite an impressive library too.  And what's the deal with the book Michone took Crime Without Punishment.

And what's the deal with the book Michone took Crime Without Punishment.

I was curious about that. Near as I can tell, the most likely candidate (i.e only book with that title that is old enough to be likely to be bound like that) is Crime without punishmeny by John L. McClellan. Published in 1962. From the snippets and reviews I could find it is largely about racketeering and how organized crime ran rampant in labor unions with a focus on the teamsters with a possible premise of, or being written as a case study response to the notion that such is the inevitable conclusion of granting any particular group special immunities from prosecution. 

Also, it is increasingly used as part of the title for papers discussing sex trafficking and other criminal abuses in post communist Russia and other former iron curtain states. It's also part of the title of a fairly recent JFK conspiracy book that says castro had jfk killed. 

*shrug*

Perhaps there's a bit of a growing problem between those who go outside, and those who do not. 

I was curious about that. Near as I can tell, the most likely candidate (i.e only book with that title that is old enough to be likely to be bound like that) is Crime without punishmeny by John L. McClellan. Published in 1962. From the snippets and reviews I could find it is largely about racketeering and how organized crime ran rampant in labor unions with a focus on the teamsters with a possible premise of, or being written as a case study response to the notion that such is the inevitable conclusion of granting any particular group special immunities from prosecution. 

Also, it is increasingly used as part of the title for papers discussing sex trafficking and other criminal abuses in post communist Russia and other former iron curtain states. It's also part of the title of a fairly recent JFK conspiracy book that says castro had jfk killed. 

*shrug*

Perhaps there's a bit of a growing problem between those who go outside, and those who do not. 

Crime without punishment: the secret Soviet terror against America  by Guenther Reinhardt.

From what I can gather it's a book about Soviet espionage.  It was copyrighted in 1952.  Falls in line with the spying angle.   Also had another thought about the wall braces.  As siderman pointed out, they are designed to keep things in, not so much out.