fliks

The Walking Dead

Shouldn't it start boring? I mean I it I s the first episode of a series about the collapse of society at the beginning of the outbreak. I would think that the first couple episodes should be a little boring and slow as society declines...

**** Full disclosure, I haven't seen it yet. Just thinking out loud...

Shouldn't it start boring? I mean I it I s the first episode of a series about the collapse of society at the beginning of the outbreak. I would think that the first couple episodes should be a little boring and slow as society declines...

**** Full disclosure, I haven't seen it yet. Just thinking out loud...

I'm gonna watch it tonight. But I said the same thing to my wife. Probably start slow and introduce the main characters

watched 45 minutes and needed to walk away.

I don't love the new characters yet so i think they are giving to much of their personal lives to us at this point.

One thing the original walking dead was missing was How it started.... This one is showing to many details of personal lives and how it started for them... maybe i expected something more.... Ill keep watching :)

Meh.  I'm actually looking forward to the main characters getting eaten, especially the junkie kid and his mother.

I agree... The Druggie and Mother are already annoying and i never even got to the end yet.. I'm not feeling much better about the daughter or the stepdad. Maybe its the fact none of these people should or would ever survive past a traffic jam in real life.

on a side note... The chubby Nerdish kid who brought the knife to school is likable and has a survival instinct . Hope to see more of him... Seems to be one of those people who are aware that somethings just not right..

Sadly my first impression when i saw the lead actor was OMG this is going to be a SCI-FI channel POS, I was hoping i was wrong but i fear my first thoughts might come true.... I was waiting for the sci-fi channel logo to pop up.

watched 45 minutes and needed to walk away.

I don't love the new characters yet so i think they are giving to much of their personal lives to us at this point.

One thing the original walking dead was missing was How it started.... This one is showing to many details of personal lives and how it started for them... maybe i expected something more.... Ill keep watching :)

I agree... The Druggie and Mother are already annoying and i never even got to the end yet.. I'm not feeling much better about the daughter or the stepdad. Maybe its the fact none of these people should or would ever survive past a traffic jam in real life.

on a side note... The chubby Nerdish kid who brought the knife to school is likable and has a survival instinct . Hope to see more of him... Seems to be one of those people who are aware that somethings just not right..

Sadly my first impression when i saw the lead actor was OMG this is going to be a SCI-FI channel POS, I was hoping i was wrong but i fear my first thoughts might come true.... I was waiting for the sci-fi channel logo to pop up.

Lead character was on a few shows on major networks. He was a medevac helicopter pilot on one. It's called character development. It started picking at the end. It will certainly show society devolving rapidly, the erosion of constitutional rights, and the need for the Second Amendment. 

I wasn't dissatisfied with the pilot episode. I went into it expecting a slow start but I think they set the stage up pretty well. I hope these characters have some sort of tie with people that can explain or elaborate on the root cause of the epidemic as it seems like right now, everyone is already infected. They're probably going to do some explanation flashbacks as is typical in TWD series.

I read somewhere that even though this is supposed to cover the period of time Rick was in his coma they aren't going to get into detail at all about where or how it started.

The chubby kid dropped some hints about shit going down in other major cities and I doubt they're going to elaborate any further.

On another note. After watching this episode it's almost unbelievable at this point that the main characters from TWD didn't know that everyone was infected sooner and if you die you turn. In this single episode of FearTWD we see 3 separate people die then come back to life without being bitten. And the second guy was even televised

Season 5 Finale was 90 minutes long. This pilot/premier was 90 minutes and I believe they said on Talking Dead last night the season 6 premier is also going to be 90 minutes. I wonder if all the episodes are going to 90 minutes....

I wouldn't mind at all..

you guys should check out "Z Nation", thats how I would write a zombie flick