The Walking Dead

• Please log in to reply
1486 replies to this topic

#1471 High Exposure

High Exposure
  • LocationAtlantic Highlands
  • Home Range:Wherever I can press a trigger

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:22 PM

I think the fact of not knowing that everyone was infected might be a coverup kinda thing who knows.

Don't forget, according to Kirkman, the "Walking Dead" series takes place in a universe that has no Zombie myth. It is a completely foreign concept to them - no zombie movies, no zombie stories, etc... If that's the case, it would change everything about the way the people in that universe interpret what is happening around them.

"Therefore since the world has still, much good but much less good than ill,
And while the sun and moon endure, luck’s a chance but trouble’s sure,
I’d face it as a wise man would, and train for ill and not for good."
- A. E. Housman

Experience is that thing you get right after you needed it.

Isaiah 6:8 "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

#1472 Shawnmoore81

Shawnmoore81
  • Locationsouth jersey
  • Home Range:salem county sportsmen's club

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:26 PM

Just watched it. Not loving the characters. Didnt think it was bad though. It actually started with more zombies then I expected.
NRA life member
range safety officer
rifle instructor
shotgun instructor
Pistol instructor
Refuse to be a victim instructor
new jersey department of fish and game hunters education instructor (shotgun & rifle)

#1473 TokenEntry

TokenEntry
  • LocationRutherford, New Jersey

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:42 PM

I was hoping to see more focus on how the the government was dealing with the early outbreak of the virus. Would have been nice to have two groups in the show. The civilian group being this dysfunctional family and a government group like the military or CDC. It's leaning towards a cover up by the government from what was shown in this episode. Still too early to pass judgement.

#1474 tommyfeds

tommyfeds
  • LocationFreehold
  • Home Range:CJRPC

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:21 PM

Just finished up..... The mom looks she will be a survivor, step dad maybe the same....... As for Johnny Depp though...... Nobody needs that kind of baggage on a zombie killin team.

#1475 remixer

remixer
  • LocationMorganville

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:48 AM

Don't forget, according to Kirkman, the "Walking Dead" series takes place in a universe that has no Zombie myth. It is a completely foreign concept to them - no zombie movies, no zombie stories, etc... If that's the case, it would change everything about the way the people in that universe interpret what is happening around them.

I can see that from WTD....I wonder how things would change if they did not set it up that way.

Monmouth Arms - Firearms Dealer
Morganville NJ 07751 - 732-547-1243
New and Used Firearm Sales - $25.00 FFL Transfers
www.monmoutharms.com

banner.jpg
fidusonfacebook.jpg

My Market Place Ad's

"67gtonut

Steve...... I love you"

#1476 raz-0

raz-0
  • LocationSayreville, NJ
  • Home Range:OBRPC

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:33 AM

I was hoping to see more focus on how the the government was dealing with the early outbreak of the virus. Would have been nice to have two groups in the show. The civilian group being this dysfunctional family and a government group like the military or CDC. It's leaning towards a cover up by the government from what was shown in this episode. Still too early to pass judgement.

I have my suspicions that this is not supposed to be an open ended series that can go on forever. So maybe that will be companion show number 2.

#1477 bhunted

bhunted
  • LocationPassaic County
  • Home Range:WPR/GFH, CR

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:52 AM

Just watched it last night. (funny, he does look like Depp).... So far, it's ok. BUT, I cannot stand the mother... She's a fooking cyborg, clueless wack job.

Just finished up..... The mom looks she will be a survivor, step dad maybe the same....... As for Johnny Depp though...... Nobody needs that kind of baggage on a zombie killin team.

Regards,

John, aka BHunted
NRA Life Member - NJ2AS - SAF - ANJRPC - GFHR - Patriot Guard

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote". -Benjamin Franklin
---------------------------------------
"NJ - The Armpit Of The United States"
"Our Constitution is an old document, (about 226 years old), and outdated for the times? Really? So is the Bible, (ohhh, created around 1000B.C.), also outdated? Ready to throw that away yet?", "Didn't think so!"

#1478 bluedog46

bluedog46
  • Home Range:New castel, de

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:17 PM

I would not call the fear show bad yet, but it was only 1 hour. The first episode of the walking dead was 2 hours. If the second episode does not get better it will be fair to say its more gay than former rep barney frank. I am hoping it just starts slow, but my opinion is that only 2 zombies in the whole first show ( three if you count the guy eating a paramedic) then t here is three really seems strange.

#1479 High Exposure

High Exposure

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:43 PM

Point of order: first episode was 90 minutes.

Again, this is the beginning of the outbreak. Why would there be 10,000 zombies on the first episode? Give the virus time to spread and people a chance to die and come back.

- A. E. Housman

Isaiah 6:8 "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

#1480 alec.mc

alec.mc
  • LocationWoodbridge NJ
  • Home Range:OBRPC

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:48 AM

The time alloted for the show was 90 minutes.

The actual show was maybe only 30 minutes, and 60 minutes of commercials

USPSA : A76047     ///     Shooting Videos     ///     Ibejiheads Coated Bullets     ///     4wheelguns.com 

#1481 DSD1026

DSD1026
  • LocationMonmouth County

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:15 AM

spoiler alerts for those that didnt watch it (though, why are you in here if you didnt watch it)

Its less the subject matter that was the issue with the pilot ep of FTWD.  it was the actual characters that were the problems.  Picked up a bit in the last 10-15 mins, but the first hour+ was slow and boring and really didnt make you give 2 sh*ts about the characters (at least the majority of them).  The wife?   wow, dont care about her right now..   Daughter?   uh, no, not even close..   Tom Riddle?   He's the first one I want gone.  I like Cliff Curtis' character so far..  Hope to see more of the chubby hispanic kid, as he was the only one with a f*ckin clue

We shall see.. 

OH - and the little 120 lb druggie son overpowering that big black dude with a gun?   really?  

ed302975af5539f0d11a741c17a016a8_zpse776

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense." - John Adams

-David

djg0770

I want to be the best dressed guy where I go, so I go to Walmart.

#1482 Shawnmoore81

Shawnmoore81
  • Locationsouth jersey

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:05 AM

Never underestimate a crack head. One hole in the plot is he would have robbed the dealer before he took off.
NRA life member
range safety officer
rifle instructor
shotgun instructor
Pistol instructor
new jersey department of fish and game hunters education instructor (shotgun & rifle)

#1483 Shawnmoore81

Shawnmoore81
  • Locationsouth jersey

Posted 30 August 2015 - 09:13 PM

Awesome episode
NRA life member
range safety officer
rifle instructor
shotgun instructor
Pistol instructor

#1484 Lalo

Lalo
  • LocationParsippany
  • Home Range:EFGA | RTSP | GFH

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:34 AM

Dammit! Now we have to wait 2 weeks for the next one. I hope they keep up this pace. It's getting good!

PSA_AR_zpsjsoqivjb.gif

#1485 Shawnmoore81

Shawnmoore81
  • Locationsouth jersey

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:28 AM

2 weeks? Really?
NRA life member
range safety officer
rifle instructor
shotgun instructor
Pistol instructor

#1486 bluedog46

bluedog46
  • Home Range:New castel, de

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:23 PM

Awesome episode

Much better than the first one.

#1487 High Exposure

High Exposure

Posted Yesterday, 01:27 AM

I like how it took a lot to cave in the superintendents head with the fire extinguisher. It wasn't easy like in TWD where the zombies have decayed for a few years or so and you can practically push a finger through their skulls. It shows the progression of the disease and how a fresh zombie is harder to kill.

- A. E. Housman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users