fliks

The Walking Dead

I was wondering the same thing. I think over the course of the 3 episodes only about a week has passed. Maybe less

Realistically how long could a power plant stay operational with no one at the controls? I would think that most is automated now a days.

I thought less time had passed than that.  I was assuming that there was only about 2-3 days max gone.  Second episode was father going into the city to find his son & ex wife..  this last episode is them getting out of the store and going back to his home (and the next morning)..   to me, thats 1 days gone, and maybe add a day or 2 for the first episode.  Unless im not remembering extra days somewhere, thats max 2-3 days. 

I agree seems like it's 3 days or so. In regards to the power it might be that fuel to power it is in low supply. I'm sure a large coal plant requires daily shipments in power and they might be just brown outs to save some. On the other hand I'm sure a power plant cannot run by itself without constant human interaction

Believe you guys are right.

First day of school there were tons of children. By the time they called a half day there were barely any students. I thought they were trying to show us that as the virus got more wide spread, less and less students came to class.

But the annoying girls boyfriend was only missing for a day. And I believe the druggie only spent the day in the hospital before he split.

I was wondering the same thing. I think over the course of the 3 episodes only about a week has passed. Maybe less

Realistically how long could a power plant stay operational with no one at the controls? I would think that most is automated now a days.

That depends on the situation. I recall an old Cecil Adams column on it. Pretty much every generation plant type is set up to need human intervention on a daily basis. The generalized answer was that on average, once the minimal crew is a I show, about 12 hours. Iirc.

I think the mom character, was the head whore "Colette" from Sons of Anarchy. The one that worked the brothel down by the docks, that the crooked ex cop ran. And started banging Jax when Tara walked in on them and she beat the shit out of her.

Posted Image

I like her better as a "vagina for hire".

And the moms boyfriend/stepdad played "Smiley" in training day, he was gonna blow Ethan Hawke's characters head off in the bathtub with a shotgun.

Posted Image

He plays a much better bad ass gang banger in this movie, than the anti gun douchebag in this show.

Yep. Watching Deadwood now. Good show. Can't believe I never saw it.

She was also in Hollow Man with Kevin Bacon

She was also the detective in Gone Girl.

I loved the old guy's reply to the boyfreind saying "you know how I feel about guns," he said, "the gun doesn't care."

She was also the detective in Gone Girl.

I loved the old guy's reply to the boyfreind saying "you know how I feel about guns," he said, "the gun doesn't care."

Best line in the show so far.

2nd best the sub-title "weak"

Watched the last episode of FTWD last night with the wifey and I started thinking. So at this point they know that severe brain trauma is what will permanently incapacitate the walkers right, the doctor lady said so. They also know that it's transmitted by bites, "anything that looks like a bite is a bite...". Plus, I think the doctor lady also said something like "if you die, you turn" so that leads me to believe that they pretty much have enough information to successfully be able to control the situation.

Then there was a scene where a group of soldiers entered a building with walkers and all hell broke lose and they lost more people. Did they not know about the severe brain trauma, a.k.a, headshots? Did the walkers hide and ambush them all at once? By now they all know how it's spreading and they're doing the right thing by quarantining the people that could possibly turn. What I don't understand is why don't they train everyone as snipers and just have them camp out on top of buildings or hell, on top of cars and just headshot every walker as they come into range. Even though these are "new" walkers, they don't seem to be able to move any faster than the "old" walkers in TWD. What gives?

Then there was a scene where a group of soldiers entered a building with walkers and all hell broke lose and they lost more people. Did they not know about the severe brain trauma, a.k.a, headshots? Did the walkers hide and ambush them all at once? By now they all know how it's spreading and they're doing the right thing by quarantining the people that could possibly turn. What I don't understand is why don't they train everyone as snipers and just have them camp out on top of buildings or hell, on top of cars and just headshot every walker as they come into range.

Head shots are hard. Under stress, on a moving target, even harder.

Training snipers takes time. You can't train an entire army division to be snipers (which will take a lot of time) and task them to secure portions of an overrun city at the same time.

Then there was a scene where a group of soldiers entered a building with walkers and all hell broke lose and they lost more people. Did they not know about the severe brain trauma, a.k.a, headshots? Did the walkers hide and ambush them all at once? By now they all know how it's spreading and they're doing the right thing by quarantining the people that could possibly turn. What I don't understand is why don't they train everyone as snipers and just have them camp out on top of buildings or hell, on top of cars and just headshot every walker as they come into range. Even though these are "new" walkers, they don't seem to be able to move any faster than the "old" walkers in TWD. What gives?

I think the guys that made it out of that situation shot the other "good" guys because they wanted to go save their own families, thats why they said "we're dropping you off and then going to take care of our families"

What didn't make sense to me was why drop anyone off when there was at least one other hummer sitting there that could have been utilized??

I still have yet to find a character in this show that I actually give 2 sh*ts about.  I dont mind Ruben Blades' character, he seems (so far) the only one with the cojones to do what is necessary..  The rest are whiny, uninteresting characters.  I cant wait for the real show to come back. 

I still have yet to find a character in this show that I actually give 2 sh*ts about.  I dont mind Ruben Blades' character, he seems (so far) the only one with the cojones to do what is necessary..  The rest are whiny, uninteresting characters.  I cant wait for the real show to come back. 

Yes, this. So far he is the only character that I hope they keep throughout the show. Everyone else can go.

Except her. They should keep her...

FTWD_zpsl5fkouym.jpg