Tom-NJ2AS

FID & PP Card Township Paperwork Requirements

While other people living at my house certainly do have the right to object to firearms, they DO NOT have the right to object to me obtaining a FID...

Yes, but that should be between you and your family, should you choose to tell them. The PD has no business disclosing your desire to purchase a firearm. This is the worst example of "nannyism" I've seen and an egregious breach of confidentiality.

JMHO

Adios,

Pizza Bob

My town got a new chief a few months back haven't applied for any P2P's since then. I went in to apply for a few permits yesterday and was given an extra form that has to be filled out...its a form that allows them to contact the county prosecutors office to see if there are any pending cases against the applicant. I filled it out this time because I don't want the permits to be held up this time around. But once I receive them I am going to discuss it with them.

I have attached a copy of the form.

post-2774-0-50488200-1331307407_thumb.jpg

North Arlington... Dropped off paperwork with Sgt Reilly. Requested the following:

2 copies each of forms 33 & 66 from NJSP web site

$18 M/O

My NJ DL & proof of residence, such as utlity bill

Brought along my NJ FID (issued by same PD in 2001)

Additional form presented to me when I arrived: NJSP Request for Criminal History Record Information for A Noncriminal Justice Purpose. (Form SBI 212A (Rev 07/03))

Sgt was pleasant enough. Explained anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months, but to follow up in 1.5 months if I don't hear from him first.

This is for the State Police Barracks Route 12, Kingwood for ALexiandria and Hunderton Countys.

Just went for a change of address on my FID card. (04/03/12)

In addition to the standard three forms (application, background criminal and mental health) , they also ask you to fill out a big sheet with just your cell phone number on it (to call you with any questions or when it is ready) and ask you to put cell phone numbers down for your references. (I am guessing they are trying to expedite the process)

The only think that suprised me was the $18.00 charge for change of address and payment had to be Money Order or Certified Check!

They were very polite about the whole business and did caution me it could be months to turn around., I will update when I find out when my references were contacted and when I get the new card.

Bob

Gloucester City has just the standard form from the state police and the mental health form so far. Submitted one week ago yesterday, March 26th. PD already had my prints electronically. Both references were returned as of yesterday. i am hoping they perform a miracle and get my junk by the end of the week. I know, i know.......Ain't gonna happen right?

SUSSEX COUNTY , JUST THE STANDARD FORMS ,TOLD ME IT WOULD TAKE 10 WEEKS FOR INITIAL FID +1 PP, TOOK 7 WEEKS, JUST APPLIED FOR 3 MORE PP'S A WEEK AGO , SGT. AND THE OFFICERS ARE A PLEASURE TO DEAL WITH ,A REALLY GOOD BUNCH OF GUYS

Is Cherry Hiil (Camden County) still requiring extraneous documents (spousal permission, resident listing) for PPP and FID?

I will be attending a meeting next week at which the speaker is a CHPD officer on the topic of personal protection.

Thanks!

Hello all, im new here and was just wondering if anyone has been through the process in Mt. Laurel? I have an appointment with the "investigator" on Tuesday to submit my paper work, give them some money and be ... Investigated. This really is ridiculous.

So yeah, any personal experience stories from Mt. Laurel would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

Gloucester City has just the standard form from the state police and the mental health form so far. Submitted one week ago yesterday, March 26th. PD already had my prints electronically. Both references were returned as of yesterday. i am hoping they perform a miracle and get my junk by the end of the week. I know, i know.......Ain't gonna happen right?

UPDATE:

I spoke with the admin person this afternoon @ the Gooucester PD and was told that my FID and my P2P wEre now in the hands of the detectives. Does anyone know how long that should/will take?

I believe the detectives are the ones who actually call the references and look at the background checks. In Lindenwold, it was about 3-4 weeks before I got mine after the detectives got their hands on my paperwork.

Elmwood Park only requires the 2 forms. They do ask for the information to be typed in, the that wasn't hard to do in Adobe PDF reader.

Will update if they require anything else.

Edit to add visit details.

My visit was on June 25th. I spent about 15 minutes there filling out paperwork.

The paperwork was the background request forms, reference forms and mailing envelopes.

Left my check for 9 dollars FIDC and 2 Permits request.

Was told 6 to 8 weeks.

I will politely start calling some time after 6 weeks if I don;t hear anything be for that.

Howell Township. I went to pick up the forms yesterday to do a Change of Address / PPPs. Lady was very nice and said they typically take about 6 weeks. Not bad considering my former town was closer to 4 months... 3 Standard forms but it does say on the instruction "cover letter" that they will contact your employer..

Ill update once i submit to set an actual time line. I am going to have my Fiance apply for her initial FID, but we may actually wait b/c she will prob need to change her name soon anyway (hopefully, its already been 2 years lol :maninlove: )...

3 Standard forms but it does say on the instruction "cover letter" that they will contact your employer

The problem is not the PD contacting the employer, the problem arrises when they take it upon themselves to do more than just verify employment.

Right. I guess ill have to see how it goes. I know neptune sent him something in the mail asking if he "felt" there was any reason not to grant the permit. My boss is pretty Anti but has never made it an issue for me as long as i dont have ammo shipped to the office lol

The problem is not the PD contacting the employer, the problem arrises when they take it upon themselves to do more than just verify employment.

I see contacting the employer at all to be a problem. Employers are not legally required to confirm employment. Also, since employment is not a requirement to purchase a firearm, this is an irrelevant extra step that at best delays the process needlessly. There is zero need to verify employment. Period.

I work for a large corporation that is super conservative, legally speaking. They no longer confirm employment. I'm sure I am not alone. So we need to sweat this and the retired/self-employed/unemployed (rightfully so) skip this step? This stuff needs to stop.

Toms River pulls the same BS. President's day I picked up the paperwork for a purchase permit and five days later I learned I was going to be laid off in April. My last day of work was March 19th and my last pay check was June 15th. I didn't submit the paperwork until a week after my last pay check so that I could honestly say "none" on the aplication. The company laid off 1600 people and were already nervous someone was going to pop. That's all I needed was for one of the bliss-ninnies in HR to chicken little my ass because I just happened to apply for a pistol permit in the middle of the lay-offs.

I just returned from berkeley twp. PD. I had originally waited 3 months for 5 PP. Used 3 and had to get them extended! Now, Chief has to sign off on extension. Is this a new feature on how to screw with legal owners. I used to go in and they wouls date it for another 90. Now I have another day off just to extend 2 permits and how much time off of the 90 will I lose?