Photo

NJ Legal Muzzle Brakes?

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 mipafox

mipafox

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:37 AM

Spikes Dynacomp, have one on my 14.5" and its great. http://www.aimsurplu...reme&groupid=54

Looks similar in layout to Knight's Enhanced Comp. For about $400 less.
FYI - I live in PA

#62 Rifleman1

Rifleman1

Looking for Fun in All the Wrong Places

• Premier Member
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationSomerset County
  • Home Range:SCFGPA

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:01 AM

Here's the one that came with my 870.

http://www.remington...choke-tube.aspx

"We must be the great arsenal of democracy. For us this is an emergency as serious as war itself. We must apply ourselves to our task with the same resolution, the same sense of urgency, the same spirit of patriotism and sacrifice as we would show were we at war." -- FDR December 29, 1940

"Are we at last brought to such an humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense? Where is the difference between having our arms under our own possession and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
-- Patrick Henry [3 J. Elliot, Debates in the Several State Conventions 45, 2d ed. Philadelphia, 1836]

#63 david8613

david8613
  • Locationnorth bergen
  • Home Range:shore shot, bullet hole

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

i didnt want to start a new thread so i decided to just put it here. im looking for a new jersey legal muzzle brake or comp. but i looking for one that looks similar in style to this rainier one, i want it to have sharp points... Posted Image
and does anyone have experience with this rainier brake? it looks but small to me?
how you doin?

#64 Pizza Bob

Pizza Bob
  • LocationCentral/West NJ - Mercer County
  • Home Range:EFGA or wherever someone will guest me in

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:12 AM

i didnt want to start a new thread so i decided to just put it here. im looking for a new jersey legal muzzle brake or comp. but i looking for one that looks similar in style to this rainier one, i want it to have sharp points... Posted Image
and does anyone have experience with this rainier brake? it looks but small to me?

If you meant to say "too small", then I'd have to ask, too small for what? Yes, if you have a 14.5" barrel and you need the extra 1.5", then it may be, but it would be close. As far as effectiveness, not sure that is a function of size. Yes, there are brakes with more expansion chambers (thus longer), but not sure that makes them any more effective. Once that main "ball of gass" hits the first obstruction and is diverted, how much more is there?

There is no definition of what a "NJ legal" brake/comp is. Rule of thumb says that if the exit hole of the device is only slightly over bore size, it is a brake/comp. If the exit hole is wide open - to the diameter of the device, it is a flash hider, or at least NOT a comp/brake.

Good luck.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
Posted Image
NRA Patron Member

#65 david8613

david8613
  • Locationnorth bergen

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:29 AM

yeah, it looks kind of small compared to other brakes ive seen makes me wonder if it is a good one?
how you doin?

#66 alowerlevel

alowerlevel
  • Location5 Miles East Of Camden

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

Rainier said in a thread on ar15.com that it is the same as thier XTC just without the flash hider tines. So its just a shortened XTC, which is a pretty effective comp

Found it..

http://www.ar15.com/...ator___RMC.html

the compensating portion of the of the XTC and RMC is exactly the same and will give you similar results in the area of compensation.

Edited by alowerlevel, 13 October 2011 - 12:54 PM.

Nick

#67 Maksim

Maksim
  • LocationEast Windsor, NJ
  • Home Range:CJRPC Ask me to check it out.

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:02 PM

Bob, those "talons/spikes" are for breaching doors.

#68 david8613

david8613
  • Locationnorth bergen

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

breaching doors!!! maks how did ya thats what i wanted to do! read some good stuff on that brake, its definitely going on a 16" barrel so worries on length. arent there more jersey legal brakes/comps available out there? from my searches it seems pretty slim..
how you doin?

#69 david8613

david8613
  • Locationnorth bergen

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

breaching doors!!! maks how did ya know thats what i wanted to do! read some good stuff on that brake, its definitely going on a 16" barrel so worries on length. arent there more jersey legal brakes/comps available out there? from my searches it seems pretty slim..
[/quote]
how you doin?

#70 tanghan

tanghan

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:36 PM

this one seems what you are looking for
http://www.brownells...OMP-FLASH-HIDER

reading the description: Chisel-shaped front notches keep muzzle planted on your attacker during CQB situations.

#71 Pizza Bob

Pizza Bob
  • LocationCentral/West NJ - Mercer County
  • Home Range:EFGA or wherever someone will guest me in

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

Door-breachers stand-off further and are generally used on shotguns to take out the hinges and lock mechanism. Toothed compensators are more a CQB anti-personnel type thing.
Posted Image
NRA Patron Member

#72 alowerlevel

alowerlevel
  • Location5 Miles East Of Camden

Posted 13 October 2011 - 04:19 PM

this one seems what you are looking for
http://www.brownells...OMP-FLASH-HIDER

reading the description: Chisel-shaped front notches keep muzzle planted on your attacker during CQB situations.

Except thats an evil flash hider

Most of the ones listed HERE and HERE are legal
Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users