Caine

15 round AK-type magazines

Is there any benefit to 15/20's over 15/30's?

Two benefits that I know of.....One being that 30 round mags draw more attention, even if they are legal....Two being that they don't get in the way as much as 15/30's if you are doing things like going prone.

Vlad has a Saiga that he converted himself. The surefire mags are made to fit Saiga's that don't have the bullet guide, yet will work with slight modifications. I think he was just referring to the benefit of using short mags.

I send an email to Isaac telling him about this forum and the demand of AK mags(NJ legal). Here is his response:

Thanks Petros. I don't know if I should post over there since I am not a sponsor... Let them know that I am having problems with the website but I am more than happy to take their orders over the phone. Oh, I will be ordering some AK 47 20rd mags to turn into 15/20's for you guys! They will want to know that. There seems to be a large demand for them so I will take the plunge and get some for you guys.

I send an email to Isaac telling him about this forum and the demand of AK mags(NJ legal). Here is his response:

Thanks Petros. I don't know if I should post over there since I am not a sponsor... Let them know that I am having problems with the website but I am more than happy to take their orders over the phone. Oh, I will be ordering some AK 47 20rd mags to turn into 15/20's for you guys! They will want to know that. There seems to be a large demand for them so I will take the plunge and get some for you guys.

Isaac does a nice job with the mags. I would recommend him.

**UPDATE** Just talked to Isaac on the phone. he said he would be cool with a group buy, he's still looking for a supplier

of quality 20 rounders at a good price. (and thats not easy) as we all know. when he's closer to getting them he will let us know.

as of rite now he still has quite a few 15/30's in stock for both 7.62 and 5.45.

**UPDATE** Just talked to Isaac on the phone. he said he would be cool with a group buy, he's still looking for a supplier

of quality 20 rounders at a good price. (and thats not easy) as we all know. when he's closer to getting them he will let us know.

as of rite now he still has quite a few 15/30's in stock for both 7.62 and 5.45.

Here's an idea for the 15/20 issue. I have talked to Isaac about purchasing magazines via Gunbroker and having them shipped from the seller directly to Mtn Armory for the NJ-legal conversion. The seller would have to be on board with this and may cost a bit more but it could be an approach. I am in the process of having this done now for a couple of 30-rounders.

I ordered a pair of 15/20's from Isaac on Tuesday and they arrived today. Talk about fast! They fit exactly 15...no way to squeeze a 16th in there. I ran them through my MAK-90, and they cycled flawlessly. +10000 to Isaac!

I've been trying to order some AK74 mags from Isaac for two days now. No luck. Got him on the phone once, he said he'd call me back as he was driving. No call back. I then have left two messages over the past 2 days, and and email, with no response. His phone is going right to voicemail.

With the website order system not working, it is proving very difficult to purchase these mags!

I've been trying to order some AK74 mags from Isaac for two days now. No luck. Got him on the phone once, he said he'd call me back as he was driving. No call back. I then have left two messages over the past 2 days, and and email, with no response. His phone is going right to voicemail.

With the website order system not working, it is proving very difficult to purchase these mags!

+1. He is not answering his phone or returning calls.