Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

Morristown PD cut me 4 PPs in under 4 weeks time. Dropped off paperwork and money on 9/23, got the call they were ready for pick-up on 10/12 and got them on Friday 10/14... 19 days. New officer in charge of firearms paperwork as well, Sgt. Matthew Edwards. He is replacing Det. Stu Greer who has moved on to a different rotation within the dept.

Also of note: Morristown PD did not send out reference letters for my PP request. I guess they realized sending out the reference letters to the same people multiple times simply wasn't worthwhile.

It appears that Franklin Twp in Somerset County has decided to issue permits in 1 month's time, regardless of how long it takes them to process an application. I applied on September 30th and called today to inquire about the status. I was told that I "would be able to pick up permits this Friday" which is exactly 4 weeks(Sunday would be 30 days) since I applied. Doesn't seem to make sense that they could tell me definitively that I could pick up my permits Friday unless they were already done.

Did my FID and PP in Randolph, NJ. Submitted paperwork 3/9/11, did fingerprints on 3/16/11 (can't do at police station which stalled this), FID and PP by 4/7/11 so 30 days start to finish.

Also dropped of paperwork for 3 PP's today on 12/5/11 will update when they call that the permits are in. PD had the reference letters out and at the respective locations 12/8/11.

Hi All, new to the forum

waiting on over 5 weeks in Dumont, Bergen county for "simple" change of address

all references and paperwork are in

I'll follow up with timeline as this unfolds

I waited 11 weeks for an address change in Ramsey. Luckily I was smart to do the change a few weeks before I ordered my rifle. I ended up getting the card the day my rifle was in.

Applied for change of address on the FID and pistol permits at the NJSP Augusta barracks (Sussex Co.) on October 5. Advised today (December 14) that all were ready. Ten weeks to the day. The original estimate by the responsible officer was 9 to 10 weeks.

Picked them up today and after inspection saw they were dated December 5.

So it was more than the supposed required 30 days, but the original estimate was accurate.

By the way, my friend who has only a few posts on here (Rosati48) is applying for his FID. He said something about Haddon Heights requiring him to have to fill out the Mental health consent form in front of them, or getting it notorized. I don't think I had to do that, so I'm not sure if that's an extra requirement or not. I'll have to ask him if there's anything else.

I do know the officer supposedly gave him a bit of a hard time about applying for it at first, until they found out that the chief or somebody was a close friend of his father...

Hi All, new to the forum

waiting on over 5 weeks in Dumont, Bergen county for "simple" change of address

all references and paperwork are in

I'll follow up with timeline as this unfolds

So this Friday is a full three months since Morpho Trak, I called the PD and the girl at the desk wasnt interested in taking my name to check on the status, but did tell me "It could totally take like, 6 months, the state NEVER gets back to us"

GREEEAAAT!

Contacted NJSP Firearms today (who were very nice, and professional) I was told they'd sent all necessary paperwork back to the local PD 11/7/11, which was 4 days after fingerprinting.

Now I'm back to asking questions at the local level

sad thing is, I'm actually afraid of reprisal from my towns PD for calling them on thier BS

Just got my initial FID and P2P from Cherry Hill P.D. today. About 37 days from submission of application and 26 days from when they received references. Everyone I talked to during the entire process was nothing but friendly, polite and professional.

Thank You CHPD!!

Jersey City, Hudson County.. took 4 weeks from my application to picking up my FID. I know of 3 other locals who got theirs in about a month. References were called and politely questioned. P2P was supposed to be 2 weeks but I got mine as early as a week and a half even though it was during the holidays.

I've always considered the police officer (former captain I think) who worked on our application to be very helpful, pro-gun, and on point.. but seeing how many others seems to be taking forever, we really must have lucked out. Best of luck to all!

East Brunswick

I received a call from the officer in charge who was following up on my acting as a referee for a new fpid applicant.

He took a tiny amount of time, asked only two questions, was pleasant, polite, efficient and easy to deal with.

G

Wait is over. 9 months 1 week. Finally recieved this week my FID and 2 P2P. I don't wanna say more.

It would be good it you did being that the data is being collected by the NJ2AS and they are working on getting PD to not drag their feet and if they have no idea your town has a problem it won't addressed. Not good for you and other people who live in your town.

Plus who cares what you say about how you were delayed by your town, what, are they going to not let you get P2P's anymore???

A buddy of mine was telling me that his town makes them apply for FID cards every 2 years

Your buddy should contact the NJ2AS as well as the NJSP firearms division and find out why and how a town is even able to do that. I sure know I don't have an expiration date on my FID and I sure see no need to spend my money and time to do something that a town wants to make up.