Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

I'll give you a dash cam....sue and we can split the money 70/30 :D

I think it was actually the cop's own dash cam that did him in.

Poor bastard. With all the gay opportunities available in 2015 -- you guys know far more about that than I do -- he has to drop his drawers at the intersection of Pecker and Bunghole Sts. 

I think it was actually the cop's own dash cam that did him in.

Poor bastard. With all the gay opportunities available in 2015 -- you guys know far more about that than I do -- he has to drop his drawers at the intersection of Pecker and Bunghole Sts. 

Craigslist...."Stripping Male Police Officer for Bachelor Parties $200 HR" that money would bulge his pocket, now that's for sure.

On the news in South Jersey some guy was exposing himself to ladies outside a Wawa, walking up to the cars and pulling the complete functioning package out for all to see...he was arrested but man that was funny.

Just heard back from the local PD about my extension, no problem and very friendly about it.

Public relations seems to be improving, that's a good thing for every gun owner in the town :)

Edit: I feel bad for the lady at the local PD (officer or sectary not sure wasn't in uniform) who typed up 9 permits (6 of which she had to type the cal, mod, make, etc.) on a typewriter. 

Amazing how the State refuses to modernize (or better yet eliminate) the P2P requirement

Craigslist...."Stripping Male Police Officer for Bachelor Parties $200 HR" that money would bulge his pocket, now that's for sure.

On the news in South Jersey some guy was exposing himself to ladies outside a Wawa, walking up to the cars and pulling the complete functioning package out for all to see...he was arrested but man that was funny.

It wasn't funny. I'm facing 2-5.

^^^^^ lmao!

Same thing with mothers against guns and all those anti-gun organizations..

I dream of attending one...and jumping out in front of a mother's vehicle and screaming how my back hurts while I pocket dial one of those $99 "we fight for you" lawyers....wait that's insurance fraud and you didn't hear it from me :D

No no..Carcano is not stiffing you like the mob would...you take 70% and I keep 30%....;)

Therapy is cheap (if not free), we can get you on Obama care and find a therapist in Camden :D

Can I trust you? You speak of yourself in the third person, and didn't someone fire you from a book depository window into a motorcade into the back of JFK's head?

:lol:

Can I trust you? You speak of yourself in the third person, and didn't someone fire you from a book depository window into a motorcade into the back of JFK's head? :lol:

Yes, you can.

It was a horrible flight, it tarnished my bright and shiny jacket...Carcano wishes to suppress those memories :lol:

But Carcano charges a very reasonable street tax service fee to ensure all witnesses testify in favor of you. The meat packing plant is just up the road...

I live in a small town. I've never had to wait more than 30 days for anything except for once, when the officer was being sued by some insane people. 

Previous poster: How does your employer not know your SS#? Are you from Honduras?

Carcano, you and I normally agree but I'd rather wait 6 weeks for a purchase permit than spend 7 years getting anally impregnated by a child rapist in Rahway.

Ha, I assume you're referring to me with the SSN.  I'm most certainly not from Honduras...

One of Hoboken's extra form's used to ask for an HR contact or a manager, so I chose to put down my manager.  This time, I declined to fill out this extra form.  The letter still came but it was just randomly addressed to my company.  Our mail room chief opened the letter to see who to give it to and handed it to me (!) saying, "I think this is for you."  My manager got a kick out of it somehow.

The majority of my company is Japanese ex-pats, so they just think I'm the reincarnation of John Wayne anyway.  I'm just lucky to work with good people.

Ha, I assume you're referring to me with the SSN.  I'm most certainly not from Honduras...

One of Hoboken's extra form's used to ask for an HR contact or a manager, so I chose to put down my manager.  This time, I declined to fill out this extra form.  The letter still came but it was just randomly addressed to my company.  Our mail room chief opened the letter to see who to give it to and handed it to me (!) saying, "I think this is for you."  My manager got a kick out of it somehow.

The majority of my company is Japanese ex-pats, so they just think I'm the reincarnation of John Wayne anyway.  I'm just lucky to work with good people.

Interesting. I grew up in Hoboken. 12th and Park. How long does it take to get a permit there?

12th & Park is nice. Within a mile from me...

It took me 4 months in 2010 for an initial FID, though they legitimately lost my application (then found it and actually issued me a second FID, truly a SNAFU situation.)

Last year was 2+ months for some P2Ps (they claimed Hudson County was slow to respond w mental health records).

I'm in process at 28 days this time and remaining optimistic.

Not to nitpick but 12th and Park is within a mile of anywhere inside the "Mile Square City."

:)

Hudson and Essex are probably tied in terms of the worst B.S. in this god-forsaken state. I visit Hobo' often because of my parents.

Do you know they used to have a police range down on Jackson St. (I believe)? Don't know if it was open to the public. When I was growing up you really needed a gun to venture down there. My mother let me wander all over the place when I was like 8-9-10 but she told me in no uncertain terms not to go down there, even at noon on Easter Sunday.

Middlesex Borough. Three p2p's. Was told it would take 2 months. This was after waiting 2 weeks for an appointment to hand in paperwork. This in a town where literally nothing ever happens except for the occasional stolen bike or drunk driver. PD is the quietest place in town so not like they're too busy.

Got a call to pick them up 2 months to the day. References were back within a week. Assuming they were ready within 2 weeks and sat in a file for the next 6 weeks.

I have checked websites of few PDs that take longer than usual time for processing(longer than usual 30 / 45 days).

Most of them seem to have requirements outside the typical NJSP forms. 

* Appointments

* Strong language

* Additional forms

* Citizenship / Birth Cert requirements

* Additional / repeated Fingerprint requirements

etc

I can only conclude that timeline has to do with the said department's view of 2A rights than resources.

Obviously this is not any type of scientific or fact based research, but an observation.

I have checked websites of few PDs that take longer than usual time for processing(longer than usual 30 / 45 days).

Most of them seem to have requirements outside the typical NJSP forms. 

* Appointments

* Strong language

* Additional forms

* Citizenship / Birth Cert requirements

* Additional / repeated Fingerprint requirements

etc

I can only conclude that timeline has to do with the said department's view of 2A rights than resources.

Obviously this is not any type of scientific or fact based research, but an observation.

And it's a good observation IMO.

Dropped off application for more permits today in Old Bridge.... In my experience they take about 50 days.... Let's see if they are getting any better.....

Submitted to Buena State Police barracks on Feb. 20th.  Got the call this morning March 10th to come pick them up.  2 1/2 weeks, not bad.

I would really like to know why some barracks take 10 weeks and this one takes 2.5

I would really like to know why some barracks take 10 weeks and this one takes 2.5

Not sure if it helps but within an hour of me dropping off the application, my first reference called to let me know the police called him.  They don't waste any time it seems.

Not sure if it helps but within an hour of me dropping off the application, my first reference called to let me know the police called him.  They don't waste any time it seems.

I know for a fact the trooper at my local barracks is very efficient, prompt and helpful. My wife and I applied on the same day for permits. My permit check cleared. 9 days later her permit check cleared. Then 10 days later her permits arrived. And a week after that my permits arrived. The black box in the chain is the Firearms Unit in Trenton. (For those of us who must use the State Police from end to end.)

Sometimes they are fairly quick. Sometimes they take forever. They have definitely accommodated some special requests. The only thing I can say with certainty is that it is definitely not a first in, first out operation. It seems like whose desk your applications land on determines how fast your permits will be processed.

Yes, you can.

It was a horrible flight, it tarnished my bright and shiny jacket...Carcano wishes to suppress those memories :lol:

But Carcano charges a very reasonable street tax service fee to ensure all witnesses testify in favor of you. The meat packing plant is just up the road...

Lol^^^^^^

Not sure if this is relevant (never stopped me before) but it took one day for me to get my permit extended here in Newtonia. Dropped it off for the Sgt. on Tuesday PM, he called me around dinner time on Wednesday.

Not sure if this is relevant (never stopped me before) but it took one day for me to get my permit extended here in Newtonia. Dropped it off for the Sgt. on Tuesday PM, he called me around dinner time on Wednesday.

Yeah about the same amount of time for me here, in the hardcore ghetto of Sussex County. Aka HopatCompton...