Maksim

NJ FID/PP Compliancy Project

I happened to be at Salomon's today and overheard this.

Guy with guns and FPID moves to Shark River Hills.  Guy gets FPID updated for new address.  Time goes by, guy decides he wants to buy a handgun.  Fills out paperwork in January, more time goes by.  Six months pass, he calls his district rep (a republican), sect'y takes message and says will get back to him.  The very next day, his PD calls him up and says his permit is ready to be picked up.  Desk cop who hands him the permit outright admits the chief does not like giving people permits and has a tall stack of them on his desk.

Take this for what it's worth, just hear say at a LGS.

Posted this in another thread. It's a better fit here

Just dropped off paperwork in Evesham on July 20 for 2 P2P. Was told it takes about 3 months and don't call us, we'll call you. Evesham was a lot quicker than this a few years ago. Same civilian handling the paperwork. They said his desk is loaded with applications. No wonder it takes 3 months.

Guess I'll start calling on day 31

These PDs better prepare to hire someone full-time starting November of 2016 just to handle the onslaught of applications.

Remember the sandy hook waiting period? people were waiting months just to hear back/get updates on the application

My miniature crystal ball tells me November 2016 = long FPID/P2P wait, ammo shortage, and price gouging on black rifles all over again...

Bedminster PD, Bedminster Township, Somerset County, NJ

Dropped off application for change of address and 2 p2pp on 6/29/2015. Informed it could take up to 5 weeks.

Got the call today (7/22/2015) that they are ready for pickup. 23 DAYS!

They have a very courteous and efficient employee working on applications as part of her job. Called once to inform me that they received everything but the mental health portion from my previous county. Called two days later to say they received it and they were ready to be picked up.

Great job BPD!

7/6/2015 Got a call today I can pick up one permit because the exemption as not come in yet. Detective said probably another week for the exemption.

52 days for the permit. Let's see how long the exemption takes.

Well, three weeks later and still no exemption returned........................................ :roulette:

Well, three weeks later and still no exemption returned........................................ :roulette:

I wonder if NJSP has already approved it and your PD just hasn't gotten it back or has received it but hasn't called you.

My exemption was done in 3 or 4 days...permits were another story.

Edit: What did you put on your exemption form? I put "collector of new and used firearms"

I wonder if NJSP has already approved it and your PD just hasn't gotten it back or has received it but hasn't called you.

Edit: What did you put on your exemption form? I put "collector of new and used firearms"

Enhance handgun collection.

Enhance handgun collection.

Dropped off my FID change of address and 2 P2P's with Bayonne PD on June 10.  Everything was ready on July 29. 

I think at least a week of the wait was my fault--I didn't include the money order when I dropped off the application, and when they called me in early July to inform me of this, my phone was having issues and I didn't get the message until a week later.

​Finally got my Initial FID and p2p

Hoboken PD- Applied in mid February, Picked up today!!! 

6 months!!        At least now i have it, now the fun part 

Congrats. Put in for more permits NOW so you don't have to wait.

7/6/2015 Got a call today I can pick up one permit because the exemption as not come in yet. Detective said probably another week for the exemption.

52 days for the permit. Let's see how long the exemption takes.

8/25/2015. Finally got a call my exemption came in. So a month and a half for the permits and month and a half for the exemption. About 100 days.

From 5/15/2015 to 8/25/2015

Anyone know the performance metrics on "Cape May City/Lower Township?"  I'm asking for a fellow Floridian that may have to move there for work and family.  We're trying to convince him to live in DE and commute via the Cape May/Lewes ferry.  Pricey, but he stands to lose a lot of $$$ if he has to dispose of all his "NJ Illegal" weapons... :dontknow:

Anyone know the performance metrics on "Cape May City/Lower Township?"  I'm asking for a fellow Floridian that may have to move there for work and family.  We're trying to convince him to live in DE and commute via the Cape May/Lewes ferry.  Pricey, but he stands to lose a lot of $$$ if he has to dispose of all his "NJ Illegal" weapons... :dontknow:

I recommend your friend  call the CMC PD. I just called and they seem to be 2a friendly. Said about 3 to 4 weeks for FPID/Permits.   YMMV.

Applied in June at Hamilton njsp barracks for change of address. Called friday at exactly 4pm was told to call back Monday between 8 and 4. Called back today to make sure everything was going ok and was told "sir we're processing it." I fucking hate this state. How can an ffl do the same background check in 15 min and it takes the state almost 4 months?

I just got my PP yesterday.  Applied 7/3... Technically 7/15 because they made me come back to sign additional "releases" (NOT FORMS!  Releases!)  Did the online form 212A on 7/16.  Apparently my references didn't get the reference form in the mail until 8/14.  Those got sent back right away.  Then it got stuck with the family court for the domestic violence check - another 2 weeks.  Then the Detective in charge took vacation, and the chief did too... then when he got back, the secretary was out so he couldn't get access to the typewriter...  was promised the permits last week 9/17, but got them Tuesday, 9/22...  69 days.  Sigh...

New Brunswick

Applied for two pp on August 6 at Wood Ridge PD. Two weeks ago inquired about status and was told waiting on the state. Stopped in at PD last Monday and was told at the desk, " don't call us we'll call you ".As of today haven't heard from the Chiefs secretary. 63 days and counting

Applied for two pp on August 6 at Wood Ridge PD. Two weeks ago inquired about status and was told waiting on the state. Stopped in at PD last Monday and was told at the desk, " don't call us we'll call you ".As of today haven't heard from the Chiefs secretary. 63 days and counting

I would keep calling, start with once or twice a week and after the two week mark start calling every other day.

Remember, they are public servants and work for us (the tax-paying public) and it is part of the job. Do not feel bad for calling them and repeatedly asking until they give you a status update/answer. 63 days is beyond reason, if your references have received the letters and returned and all checks have come back you should have your FPID/P2P.

You might also consider writing a letter to the Chief and sending it via certified mail, this should only take a day to arrive and cost you under $5. In my experience letters sent via certified mail to Govt. officials generate timely replies.