Dan

Geissele SD3G trigger

I'm going insane with my new AR build. :wacko:

Just ordered a SD3G trigger from MidwestPX. I was placing my group buy order for magazines with Ty on the phone, and we started talking about the Geissele triggers (I asked). I was specifically interested in the S3G as I've been reading a bunch on them, but couldn't justify the cost. The discussion with Ty pushed me over the edge. I should have it sometime next week as he is waiting on his order that is supposed to arrive Monday. The SD3G is a flat-blade S3G trigger as opposed to the standard curved trigger.

I'll post a review here once I have it installed and tested at the range.

I just tried out my new Geissele SD3G trigger today. Wow is all I can say. Really transforms the shooting experience. I'm now over the wallet-shock, as it is completely worth it.

The trigger break and super short re-take are the best I've ever tried on an AR. I really like the flat trigger on the SD3G model as well. I wish I had brought more ammo to the range today!

Dan how do you like the SD3G trigger after a few years of use?  Has it gotten lighter/smoother after shooting?  Ever encounter bump-fire (read some posts about this happening to some while bench shooting)?

Can't wait for mine to get here

Well I'm not Dan, but I've also had one for years now so I'll give you my feedback.

They feel great, even after all these years. It resets awesome, they are very easy to fire fast.

On the downside, yes I have bump-fired mine accidentally, but only from a bench in slow fire. If you don't have solid shoulder support behind the gun while shooting groups it can happen.  A solution exists, they make a replacement trigger spring that adds about 1lb to the trigger and does away with the issue. If you only plan to shoot it off hand or the way it was meant to be used or you can get your shoulder behind the gun very consistently then it isn't an issue. If you plan to shoot it from a bench a lot, then it is an issue.

I can tell you that I've sent my 3 year old trigger to  Geissele to have them check it out when this started happening and they took it in, checked all surface engagements, decided that they sear had a bit less engagement then they liked, replaced the parts, included all new springs and pins and sent it back to me. The entire process cost me $5 to ship it to them and took 4 days to get my trigger back. 

I have other match triggers, but my match gun still has my SD3G in it and will continue to do so.

However, in a social gun ...  I'd want something with a longer reset. It is a trigger designed for competition shooting that the manufacturer does NOT recommend for much of anything else. You should take their word.

Vlad thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you've enjoyed this trigger and I'll definitely watch out if I shoot from the bench. Had no idea it came with an additional spring to add a lb of pull weight so that's a huge plus.

Very excited to install this bad boy

Wow post resurrection from the past!

The trigger continues to rock the same as I've had it from day one. I haven't had any bump fire happen. Best I can describe is like a 1911 trigger on an AR.

I agree with vlad, for any situation outside of range or controlled competition. I'd stick with a two stag. I have the SSA-E in other rifles that fits that bill.