Sign in to follow this  
gunnarsport

Cost of handgun permits?

$60.25 for initial application

$5.00 for "Firearms Purchaser Identification Card" (one time fee)

$2.00 for "Permit to Purchase a Handgun and Form of Registry" (need one for each handgun)

$18.00 each subsequent application

Nope,

I DO NOT have it backwards. Dectective told me its 5.00 for the FID card which lasts for life(unless I move to another town), 1st permit is $2.00, subsequent permits are 18.00.

I paid $7.00 ($5 for FID and $2 for permit). And of course, I already paid $60.25 for digital fingerprinting, this is a one time charge.

Nope,

I DO NOT have it backwards. Dectective told me its 5.00 for the FID card which lasts for life(unless I move to another town), 1st permit is $2.00, subsequent permits are 18.00.

I paid $7.00 ($5 for FID and $2 for permit).

There is more to this. Somebody is wrong. Fees are written in the statutes. Was it after your application was submitted?

The $18 is for the non-criminal background check (form 212A) that is done in leiu of fingerprinting on your next P2P application. You will pay the $18 plus $2 for each P2P the next time you apply..

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The $18 is for the non-criminal background check (form 212A) that is done in leiu of fingerprinting on your next P2P application. You will pay the $18 plus $2 for each P2P the next time you apply..

Adios,

Pizza Bob

+1

18 bucks every time application is processed

2 bucks per permit when you pick them up

See it definitely makes economic sense to get 6 at a time :icon_lol:

djg

Now why would I do that?? That will only anger the Robbinsville Detective and hurt my changes to get my FID/Permit. Doing that would only create an

uncomfortable, awkward relationship with the Detective for future permits.

djg

Now why would I do that?? That will only anger the Robbinsville Detective and hurt my changes to get my FID/Permit.

Ahhhhh, because the local PD cannot restrict the number of permits you can receive.

Ok,

But really, how on earth can an experienced 27 year Police Detective not know the rules?? You guys must be mistaken about this.

Can you point to the NJ STATE POLICE website where it states there is NO limit on handgun permits?

djg

Now why would I do that?? That will only anger the Robbinsville Detective and hurt my changes to get my FID/Permit. Doing that would only create an

Because if the NJSP calls them with an "anonymous" report they have no idea which of the 30-90 applicants on their desk at the time actually called.

Or perhaps you would like one of us to be your balls for you and call on your behalf?

I'm starting to get like some of the "radicals" and I'm wondering if the police trampled on your right to free speech, your right to worship (or not), your right to not incriminate yourself if you would roll over like you are for your right to DEFEND YOUR OWN G-D LIFE.

Ok,

But really, how on earth can an experienced 27 year Police Detective not know the rules?? You guys must be mistaken about this.

Can you point to the NJ STATE POLICE website where it states there is NO limit on handgun permits?

:facepalm:

djg

I know first hand how corrupt and racist the Robbinsville Police Department is. You can either bend over and take it up the a** or grow some balls.Your choice.

Ok,

Nope - I can't, but retired PoPo and FFL's on here know this to be F A C T.

Paying attention??

Please provide me with the NJSP documentation! I am NOT gonna create an awkward situation with this Detective and jepordize my changes of getting my

FID/P2P quickly.

Please explain: when you make an anonymous call to the NJSP to report that your town of Robbinsville is acting against the law, HOW will Robbinsville actually know WHO called the NJSP????????????????? "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Paying attention??

Please provide me with the NJSP documentation!

Look on the STS-033, upper right corner - there is a space that says: Quantity of Permits?_____

What does that infer to you???? Do a search on here and you'll see this happened a lot shortly after OGAM went into effect and it was corrected everytime the applicant called the NJSP Firearms Unit.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

PK90,

You are make a pretty serious allegation here about the Robbinsville PD. Can you backup that statement??

Yes, but not on the internet. AND, not to you because I do not know you.

Sorry, I dont mean to sound like a know it all type guy......I guess I am wrong about this.

I know I came off like a dick - sorry about that man. There's a difference between "Wrong" and "Misinformed". Who are you to believe? A bunch of people on the internet whom you've never met or the Police Officer at the Police Department... It's understandable. I hope you do call the NJSP and tell them what Robbinsville is doing though.

Good luck in any case!

Djg,

Its totally fine, thanks. I am just learning as I go along. I will politely call the NJSP on Monday morning and see what they tell me. I KNOW all you guys

are passionate about this sport/hobby, as I hope to become in the future.

To be continued.......

Edited by gunnarsport

That's illegal. Call NJSP firearms division and inform them of this violation of your rights, they will call the local PD and set them straight.

I called the NJSP Firearms Investigation Unit about this very thing in my town. There was no malicious intent on behalf of the local PD. We had a change of Chief during the time period when the directive went out concerning the issuing of multiple permits (March 2010). The Chief told me when I picked up my one permit that he would issue me a hundred if he could. I told him that I thought his information was incorrect.

I left a message with the Detective Sgt at the Firearms Investigation Unit on a Monday and the issue was resolved on Tuesday. The Detective Sgt called me and told me that it was straightened out with the local PD. I received a call with an apology and was issued my additional permits. I have to say that the NJSP FIU was very responsive in the matter and everything was handled professionally by all parties concerned.

Hi,

Also, since this Robbinsville Detective apparently is not familiar with the permit policy, Im wondering if something else he told me is true or not.

He told me my FID card is good for life, and ONLY if I move to another NJ town, do I have to apply for new one.

Is this correct??