Old School

Delta Precision vs Montana Gold

It's time to buy 4000 115gr FMJ's again. I always shoot Montana Gols But Sigman had mentioned Delta was cheaper and the same quality. I just priced out both and Montana Gold was cheaper and I know their quality. What's the scoop?

Is it time for a group buy?

It's time to buy 4000 115gr FMJ's again. I always shoot Montana Gols But Sigman had mentioned Delta was cheaper and the same quality. I just priced out both and Montana Gold was cheaper and I know their quality. What's the scoop?

Is it time for a group buy?

Yes. I need some 180 grain 10mm heads. For my 230 grain 45ACP i think I'm going with Berry's plated since I won't exceed 900fps with them, and they are much cheaper than FMJ.

If anyone needs bullets, and shoots uspsa or can pickup central jersey, putting together a MG group buy. Case at a time min.. perhaps.

I did get some Precision Delta to try, and seems pretty good, not as nice as MG, but for plinking, should be just fine.

anyone have any experience with rozedist.com?

I used to shoot Zero bullets, no problems. I'd buy them third party as well as from Roze.

Rozedist as I just check is out of everything and there prices don't seem any cheaper.

Dan- you're close buy if you want me to tack anything on an order.

Sigman you need anything??

I used to shoot Zero bullets, no problems. I'd buy them third party as well as from Roze.

Rozedist as I just check is out of everything and there prices don't seem any cheaper.

Not right now Frank - thanks!

for 40 cal, Precision Delta came out about 35 bucks cheaper per thousand. Difference goes down if you buy MG from Mannyusa.com.

Maks- cool Mannyusa is $5 less than from the factory. But do you get free shipping? I think I did last time through my business account.

Edit: sorry Maks $17 cheaper.

Edit #2 Maks Manny says 6 case minimum thats 24k bullets

Frank - I can use .40 cal 180gr. heads. Let me know where you want to order from. I thought I gave you about 50 Delta Precision 9mm to try. Did you like them?

Frank - I can use .40 cal 180gr. heads. Let me know where you want to order from. I thought I gave you about 50 Delta Precision 9mm to try. Did you like them?

Hey Rick- I never used the bullets as I got involved in a lead bullet project, and kind of am still involved, after haveing some issues. Lots of issues barrel slugging, base expansion, and such.

How many .40 180gr FMJ are you looking for?

Hey Rick- I never used the bullets as I got involved in a lead bullet project, and kind of am still involved, after haveing some issues. Lots of issues barrel slugging, base expansion, and such.

How many .40 180gr FMJ are you looking for?

I would take 2000 to 2500 .40 180gr FMJ. How much are they going to cost? I can get Delta Precision for .115 cents each at quantities 1000 up. Are you trying to get a MG order together? Is there going to be a discount from published case price?

If we have commitment for a larger quantity, will ask if they ship individually.

Great Maks. I need 4000 115gr FMJ. If you can set up a north/south shipment I'll handle distribution up north at Cherry Ridge. If need be I can send you a check for the north shipment so you don't have to float the cost.

Potentially what do you think the quantity would be maybe 75k bullets? Would that give us any buying power?

Let me know...

With a group buy, one of the biggest savings is if you get enough for them to ship by freight rather than the usual common carrier. I don't know if any of them care to drop ship to the end recipient. Somehow I doubt it as shipping a single pallet by freight also has labor savings on their end and is part of the reason for the discount at that point.

In the past, we've found that group buys are generally more of a hassle and not worth it as much if your total is under 50,000 bullets. The main problem with that is dealing with the money can get to be a PITA.

I'm not sure how big of an order this but may be, but Delta Precision gives a 4.00 per thousand discount if the order is over 10K bullets. Not a big discount, but something. Their prices are already pretty low.

How soon are you going to place the order. I am good right now be will need more soon. Have you contacted our mutual friends to see if they need anything?

I need to order this week. By weeks end I will have no 9mm bullets. Will Email the usual suspects. But Pete doesn't pistol.

I'm still a bit confused as to whats going on here. Who is organizing this, where are we ordering from, what are the terms, what is the pricing/discount? I'm not trying to sound alarmist, i'm just trying to sift through the noise and understand what the options are here.