Mr.Shoot_It_All

Henry lever action

so solution is buy new scope for it

If you are using this as an excuse to buy another scope, then have at it. If you seriously think this is your only recourse, then you need to do more research. The easiest thing to do is just purchase taller rings (I assume this gun has a the railed receiver common to rimfires). You can also get risers that adapt the rimfire rail (3/8") to a Weaver and thus have a wider array of rings that could be used. Replace the rings, not the scope.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

ok update got the rings but mounting my current and only scope is a bit of a pain due to the size of its front hitting the sights can anyone reccomend an affordable small relatively low power scope that would do the trick for plinking.

Col. Mortimer. Did you change the front sight or just add the tang sight? I think I'm going to do a tang on mine but I don't like the 2x4 on the front so I'm looking for options.

Thanks.

I kept the original front sight. I was thinking of a fiber optic but that would have spoiled the classic look.

This is so crazy.

I've had a Henry .22 since they were first made in Brooklyn. Took a Nikon 4-9x with 40mm front objective and laid it on the top of the barrel. Didn't have to remove the sights or change a thing. At 50 yards you can plink shotgun hulls all day long. At 100 yards I can shoot left-over broken chips of clay birds. The scope has a nice focus adjustment on it, so I can target shoot at 25 yard indoor range in the winter. Scope cost me as much as the gun and worth every penny!

Great product! My first lever gun was a Marlin #336-C in .30-.30 with buckhorn sights with a front hood. Nice tack-driver too!

Enjoy your Henry rifles!

Dave

This is so crazy.

Great product! My first lever gun was a Marlin #336-C in .30-.30 with buckhorn sights with a front hood. Nice tack-driver too!

Have a 336 and a Golden 39A for my 2 lever action rifles. The 39A was the first rifle I shot back in the early 70's

Harry

My Henry had a thick plastic from sight. I contacted Henry and they sent me a replacement, metal and thinner front sight. I have installed this and I have replaced the rear sight with a Skinner Sight, peep sight which simply slides into the dovetain of the rear sight. I took it out to the range yesterday and sighted it in. After 30 minutes of fine tuning I am happy with the results.

Take care of the model #39-A. It might be collectible by now? Nice gun and fun to shoot too!

Mine 39-A has a production year of 1983, the other one that will be passed down from my father was made I think it was 1956 or 58, can't remember but both are in perfect condition and will stay that way when until I pass them to my daughter. If I have rifles at the range it will be one of the ones I have and you are welcome to shoot it anytime.

Harry