magic7

Bayonne Pistol Range Information

Can anyone give some details about the Bayonne Pistol Range? Searched on here but couldn't find out much about it.

I am wondering if there are any prohibited ammunition at the range? Specifically I have Sellier and Bellot 9mm brass and I know at Bullet Hole they do not allow that brand of ammunition. Was wondering if Bayonne has any restrictions. I know Shore Shot doesn't care.

Thanks

Can anyone give some details about the Bayonne Pistol Range? Searched on here but couldn't find out much about it.

I am wondering if there are any prohibited ammunition at the range? Specifically I have Sellier and Bellot 9mm brass and I know at Bullet Hole they do not allow that brand of ammunition. Was wondering if Bayonne has any restrictions. I know Shore Shot doesn't care.

Thanks

Never been there, but based on comments by Ray Ray, no such restrictions exist.

Countdown to Ray Ray comment.....

Thanks

I am aware it's off topic, but why is it so hard to access reliable and accurate information on Gun shops,ranges,FFL agents, brokers et al?. I realize I have broached this subject before but It's almost as if anyone even remotely associated to firearms and shooting sports in New Jersey wishes to fly under the radar relying largely on word of mouth?

Web searches offer very basic info at best and confusing links at worst, yet we all know an attractive,informative and accessible website not only increases hits but potential profit as well, {See Shore Shot's site} and for relatively little effort and resources.

So my question is: Why aren't the the dedicated people in the business of selling,trading,training and encouraging the shooting sports better represented,advertized and known?. Is it because they are afraid of too much focus by the authorities or being ostracized by the mainstream public?

I for one am glad I found NJGF, or I'll still be out there, foolishly attempting to find an venue and group that share my interest and sport .

Also wondering about if you need to bring cardboard backs for the targets? I asked the same question in the Bayonne meet up seeing as people who generally shot there will be trolling through that forum probably.

As for Duppie, I agree completely. It seems that only a few gun ranges/shops have adequate websites with all the information you need for a first time trip. Im very grateful I found this website as I don't know too many people who shoot and I would be completely in the dark without NJGF.

They are real charmers there. :icon_rolleyes:

Prepare to be looking for another range to shoot at.

At Bayonne? What problem did you have with them?

I've only been there a handful of times but never had any issues. Yes, some of the guys that work there are grumpy old dudes.. but that's pretty much par for the course with NJ ranges and gun shops... Maybe I just got lucky cuz I was always with Ray

The main thing that gets me is that they "close" at 10 PM, but won't let you shoot past 9:30, (maybe if you push them, 9:45.) I showed up at 8:55 one night and got to shoot for 35 minutes for the price of an hour.

Plan on getting there no later than 8 PM if you want some real time.

Besides for that, love the place. You come, you shoot, and nobody bothers you about anything.

• Like 1

Maybe it's all about knowing the right people. They were douches to Nick and me. I can deal with grumpy old men. These guys went a little further than that.

Yeah, they'll get grumpy on your a** if you go into the range without giving them their 15 bucks..LOL!

Yeah, they'll get grumpy on your a** if you go into the range without giving them their 15 bucks..LOL!

Well, even if you think they were justified in how they treated me, they still don't have an excuse for Nick.

When it comes to the Bayonne range, I make the analogy of New Jersey versus the rest of the country. We don't know how shitty things are here until we go the PA or Florida, etc and see how things should (and could) be here. If you're in Hudson county, your pickens are slim. Having shot at Shore Shot, Brick Armory, etc, I have good ranges to compare Bayonne and Bullet Hole to.

Well, even if you think they were justified in how they treated me, they still don't have an excuse for Nick.

When it comes to the Bayonne range, I make the analogy of New Jersey versus the rest of the country. We don't know how shitty things are here until we go the PA or Florida, etc and see how things should (and could) be here. If you're in Hudson county, your pickens are slim. Having shot at Shore Shot, Brick Armory, etc, I have good ranges to compare Bayonne and Bullet Hole to.

Dude...lighten up...I wasn't saying I justified how they treated you or Nick...I just thought it was funny as ****... :sarcastichand:

...and I agree with you...there are better ranges..(I used to live FL...niiice ranges down there)...just none in Hudson county...

Dude...lighten up...I wasn't saying I justified how they treated you or Nick...I just thought it was funny as ****... :sarcastichand:

...and I agree with you...there are better ranges..(I used to live FL...niiice ranges down there)...just none in Hudson county...

Cool. I can appreciate slightly seedy/run down establishments (like dive bars), but much of their charm usually lies in their NOT busting customers balls.

That's pretty crazy sorry to hear this.. They seem pretty helpful and great everytime i go.. one night i asked this old man about his old pistol he was cleaning and once i said the name of it he was my best friend lol.. They are pretty good there dont let one shot discourage you. Last time i was there i forgot my pistol lock keys and they tried everything they could to unlock it.. Then i called ray ray and he had nothing so i went to my car and forgot i had my sawzall in there and sawed it right off. lol. Give em another shot its a decent range

• Like 1

I think we can all share some unpleasant experiences from a variety of ranges in the tri-state area, but I'm very surprised to hear how badly a couple of you guys were treated at Bayonne. The RO's can be cranky, but that's what old Bayonne guys generally specialize in....trust me, I'm becoming one of them.

Well, hope you give it another shot and have a much better experience the next time. It's convenient; has parking right outside the door; doesn't have a plethora of rules and regs beyond those of general safety, and has decent prices for range time and ammo.

I've been there a few times. I like how the grizzled ROs just leave everyone alone and just talk amongst themselves when they can see the customers know what they are doing. Range price is decent but schedules are weird as karcirate mentioned. It is hardly busy on week nights so you get your money's worth and then some if u get there early (around 7ish)... with no one bothering you to remind how much time you have left. A much more relaxing setting compared to Bullet Hole.