Sign in to follow this  
acaixguard

HK MP5 .22lr by Umarex

Assuming you can get the stock pinned, and use a 10 round mag rather than the 25 round one, does anyone know if it's legal to own the HK MP5 .22lr that's imported by Umarex? I am just asking because the H&K MP5 is listed on the list of banned "assault weapons" in NJ.

Thanks in advance!

My understanding is that if it the specific gun is on the forbidden list then no, you can't have it no matter how much neutering you do to it.

If the manufacturer was to sell the same gun but change the name and then you neutered, it would be legal.

I recently looked into that same question. I'm pretty sure they are illegal in NJ. Consider getting the GSG-522, which is a clone that is made to be legal in NJ. It's available through American Tactical Imports. I just picked one up a week ago.

I recently looked into that same question. I'm pretty sure they are illegal in NJ. Consider getting the GSG-522, which is a clone that is made to be legal in NJ. It's available through American Tactical Imports. I just picked one up a week ago.

Bummer, but thanks for the tip.

Where did you get the GSG-522? And are you able to get 10 or 15 round mags for it easily?

Thanks again!

Bummer, but thanks for the tip.

Where did you get the GSG-522? And are you able to get 10 or 15 round mags for it easily?

Thanks again!

Talk to PK90 or one of the other vendors on this board, they'll get you hooked up with a GSG.

ATI (distributor of the GSG) only offers 10 and 22 rnd magazines I believe, but this guy sells 22 rounders blocked down to 15:

http://rrages.com/magazine/15round/index.htm

Just came across this topic - I actually just ordered the Umarex MP5 22. After some back and forth with the dealer they were able to sell it to me (should be arriving tomorrow at my FFL!). They had to take the collapsable stock off the rifle and send it with the fixed stock that I ordered. Also, since they did not have a 10 round magazine, only a 25 round one, they could not ship a magazine. I also called the NJSP firearms division and spoke with a detective there who said as long as the stock is pinned or replaced with a fixed stock, it will be legal in NJ.

the side of the reciever clearly says MP5 on it which would make me feel uneasy about owning one. We all know its a clone but the state of NJ has a very hard time determining their stance on these subject matters. And after talking to Paul (PK90) about it, if he's not comfortable with it then there is no way I would be.