Photo

Ithaca SKB Model 800

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 glockman26

glockman26
  • Home Range:cherry ridge

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:30 PM

A co-worker of mine wants to sell me his Ithaca SKB Model 800 O/U 12 gauge shotgun. From what I know, these guns were manufactured in Japan for Ithaca from the mid 60's to the mid 70's. I shot it at the range and smashed the clays nicely, A very nice looking firearm - seems to be in great shape with only a deep scratch on the stock. Not much info on the web on this O/U. I think I can get it for $500 which I think is a good deal.
Anyone know anything about this Ithaca SKB ?

#2 Parker

Parker
  • LocationExit 172 off the GSP
  • Home Range:Thunder Mountain & Mountainville, N.Y.

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:16 AM

SKB is the gunsmith firm Shigyo Sakaba in Japan. They have been around since 1855. SKB history

The 800 is a high grade skeet or trap gun that SKB made for Ithaca. (They also made O/U's for Weatherby for a number of years. The Orion model name should come to mind for some.) SKB's are excellent shotguns. There is a forum on ShotgunWorld dedicated for just SKB shotguns if you have more questions or want to research your model more.

For $500, this is a very good price for this used gun. It has an extremely strong lockup and is as good in quality as any 68X Beretta or Citori O/U and I'd pick it over the Ruger O/U any day.

The Brits take their shotguns seriously, and the SKB models sold across the pond would be considered exquisite in quality. SKB - UK

If only Jack O'Connor had written about the .270's effectiveness on Zombies, he might be known today as a decent gun scribe, and that cartridge might enjoy more widespread use...

America; one nation, under surveillance.

#3 NJdiverTony

NJdiverTony
  • LocationHunterdon County, NJ
  • Home Range:SCFGPA & EFGA

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:21 AM

I'll second what Parker has written above... The Ithaca/SKB's are great quality shotguns. I have a model 300XL semi auto, from the early 70's, and I love the darn thing... It's a great shooter..
Tony

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users