TheWombat

+1 Shootnj (Chet And Mark)

I booked myself for some 1:1 coaching with ShootNJ and due to the weather had the option of shooting paper targets at Fort Dix Range 14 or waiting a week and trying out the new ShootNJ private range where I could shoot steel, move and shoot etc. Naturally I chose to wait the week :-)

MrsWombat decided that while she hates the cold, the opportunity to shoot steel etc was compelling enough to wrap up warm and bring her Kimber Custom Aegis II (9mm 1911) along. Our instructor was Chet and we also had Mark turn up and lend a hand.

We started shooting a few paper targets so Chet/Mark could see our ability, then we moved to point shooting, steel targets, weak hand (2 handed shooting), weak hand (1 handed shooting), moving and shooting (forward and side ways), rapid fire and a few other things including a competition which I lost to MrsWombat :wild: . I shot just under 550 rounds and the Walther PPQ never skipped a beat, even with magazines dropped in the mud and then re-used.

Chet also brought along a combat shotgun and we took a few shots. The range is still work in progress however we still had plenty of things to shoot at. It looks promising for 2012!

Apart from being a little on the chilly side when the wind picked up it was a great day and I can recommend Chet and the private range.

TheWombat

Sorry, you didn't receive a return call. It's very unusual as we are a full time company and do this everyday. Most times Dawn even answers call after hours. I hope you had a good class with whom ever you went to.

Chet