LastShot

Cherry Ridge

The restrictions are more than just no steel core. Ask an RO. There is a whole sheet with allowed bullet types[/quote

correct .50 has specific allowable projectiles that are can be shot on the 300 yard line on specified dates and times

no steel core or penatrator for other calibers.

I must say: I'm not here to have a pissin'match with y'all,I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the club rules I am just reporting how they are.

please take it that way.

is it possible to visit the range if you are not a member?  i wouldn't even bring anything to shoot.  i really want to make the trip there and back from my location (meadowlands) and see the range itself, see how the commute goes, etc.  for the money it sounds like a good deal and a nice out of the way place to shoot.

is it possible to visit the range if you are not a member?  i wouldn't even bring anything to shoot.  i really want to make the trip there and back from my location (meadowlands) and see the range itself, see how the commute goes, etc.  for the money it sounds like a good deal and a nice out of the way place to shoot.

not a problem,use the call box located at the front gate to gain access, go to the club house and someone can give you information about membership and give you a map of the property , Ear plugs are a good idea if you will be visiting the ranges.

The restrictions are more than just no steel core. Ask an RO. There is a whole sheet with allowed bullet types[/quote

correct .50 has specific allowable projectiles that are can be shot on the 300 yard line on specified dates and times

no steel core or penatrator for other calibers.

I must say: I'm not here to have a pissin'match with y'all,I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the club rules I am just reporting how they are.

please take it that way.

Thank you for the info. As the rules for .50 projectiles are fluid, is there any way a kind soul could post them? I'd hate to drive up with the AR-50 only to be told that's Hornady a-max are not allowed any longer. I know all the anal-clenching there is over fires caused by steel cores and the past fire incident. I will try calling. But in the past that has been, shall we say, less than helpful.

It is humorous how we .50 shooters are really the piss-boys of CR. Instead of nurturing this niche of the shooting sports for it's inherent coolness, especially here in the PRNJ, it baffles me the contempt that is exhibited. It's always like holding your bowl in your hands asking "more please" really short sighted. Especially considering some of the yahoos on the rimfire range. But I digress.

As I asked, are Hornady A-MAX rounds still acceptable? Before I pack her up for a nice Thursday of shooting when it gets cooler. Btw, I'm a life range member. Basically for the 300yd range which sits empty most timed. Everything else I'm at GFH.

nice! do youknow if the pistol one has a single dedicated port or several?

The "steel target" that is installed Is at port 26 on the pistol line it is currently

at 50 yards and should only be fired apon from port 26,Please no steel core ammo and

Nothing "hotter"than 44mag. so far responce has been positive and more are being considered.

if you are pleased with the steel targets

please send an email in.

The Range Schedule for 9/22 thru 9/24 says SR closed for maintenance. SR doesn't match any of the abbreviations they show above the schedule. Could this be the silhouette range?

Sorry that was a typo it should have been

"SG"

nice! do youknow if the pistol one has a single dedicated port or several?

I was amazed to see the plate when I was there last Friday. You have to shoot it from straight on, one port only. I believe it's # 24 or 26. I thought it might be fun to hit it from one of my usual spots, ports 1-5. Only kidding.