Danno

Clay Delay

My shooting pardner (my nephew) went and grew up and got a full time job. This leaves me without someone to push the button when I yell PULL! at CJRPC. I was looking at the Clay Delay systems and was wondering if anyone uses one or has any aeperience with them. Like i said I am a member at CJ so any spacifics like cord length ( cordless is a little pricey) and conections would be a help. Also, if anyone is looking to sell one let me know.

If you don't want to go full electric there was one we used at OB, it is a members and it's a self launching system. It's the one that sits on the ground and you step on it to launch.. Worked very well and for a 100 buck not on sale is a nice one to have. Can't remember the name of it but they can be found at some of the online stores.

If you don't want to go full electric there was one we used at OB, it is a members and it's a self launching system. It's the one that sits on the ground and you step on it to launch.. Worked very well and for a 100 buck not on sale is a nice one to have. Can't remember the name of it but they can be found at some of the online stores.

Trius One Step

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Trius-One-Step-Trap/706695.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dtrius%2Bclay%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26x%3D0%26y%3D0&Ntt=trius+clay&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

A few months back were packing up and a guy came out to use our trap field after us at CJRPC with the Clay Delay. He demonstarted the unit to us. We watched him shoot with it. He loved it. I am pretty sure he had the middle model, that turns back on after the shot with the programable delay. It looked like the way to go when shooting alone.

Clay Delay works perfect. I have the cord model and it is fine. Use a light weight extension cord or 18g wire long enough to go from the ground box at field 1 to station 5 (@CJRPC). CJ wires from the ground post to one of the blades, not from blade to blade. Bring your screwdriver to the range the first time you try it to get the connection right.

Poor Man's (or Lonely Man's) Clay Pigeon Release

I have no idea what a clay delay is but I've done this:

• Tie on a piece of cord to make your pull cord about 6 ' long.
  • Drive a stake into the ground 4' behind your trap.
  • Tie the pull cord to the stake so the cord is taught and 5 or 6" above the ground.
  • Step on the string to release the clay pigeon.