rdsmith3

Pepper spray illegal in NJ?

I know you're being somewhat facetious, but the pepper spray is for a teenage girl who will soon have her driver's license. (Oh, yeah, another teenage driver on my insurance.)

It is ridiculous how the laws in this state are so slanted in favor of criminals, and encourage people to be passive victims.

Only to a certain point. I'm really curious now as to what would really happen, as I outline it in my post. Totally understandable about the spray for the daughter. It sucks that we have to live in a society where this is necessary, but you absolutely must equip her with as much info and tools as you can for her to keep herself safe. Her awareness to her surroundings is the biggest preventative action she can take.

Only to a certain point. I'm really curious now as to what would really happen, as I outline it in my post. Totally understandable about the spray for the daughter. It sucks that we have to live in a society where this is necessary, but you absolutely must equip her with as much info and tools as you can for her to keep herself safe. Her awareness to her surroundings is the biggest preventative action she can take.

That's why I said "somewhat."

I am having conversations with her. It is a long process. I told her that she needs to do whatever she has to do -- scratch, kick, press in a guy's eyeballs, jab his throat with a car key -- because it is better than the alternative of being raped or killed. She looked horrified, but I told her that she must not be a victim.

With pepper spray, I think you are limited in size, and that size is not per individual item, but perhaps the total on your person.

Wasp spray is a poison and could possibly kill and/or seriously harm a human, permanently damage someone's vision, or cause seizures or death if ingested and/or breathed in. Also, it is against the law to use it in a manner for which it was not meant for, such as on humans. Where's Ayoob?

Now, if someone were trying to kill you, it might be better than the alternative, but I don't think it is a smart substitute for a good version of pepper spray.

each container? or the two containers combined?

There are two "shots" in the Kimber, and they are more a gel than a spray. The combined total of the two shots is <.75 oz. and therefore legal.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

With pepper spray, I think you are limited in size, and that size is not per individual item, but perhaps the total on your person.

Wasp spray is a poison and could possibly kill and/or seriously harm a human, permanently damage someone's vision, or cause seizures or death if ingested and/or breathed in. Also, it is against the law to use it in a manner for which it was not meant for, such as on humans. Where's Ayoob?

Now, if someone were trying to kill you, it might be better than the alternative, but I don't think it is a smart substitute for a good version of pepper spray.

I'm somewhat, only to a degree, embarrassed to admit this, but one summer while were were 10 or 12 years old, we had a couple new dogs in the neighborhood that would continuously and viscously go after our legs and feet while we were riding our bikes. Our parents tried speaking with the dog owners, but it fell of deaf ears, until the day we carried our water guns with us, which were filled with a water/bleach solution. I won't get into the details, but the issue went away. While I'm not suggesting a water gun, what about a similar mixture in a spray/spritz bottle. Woman are famous for carrying all kinds of lotions, makeup, perfume and crap like that with them. I'm not suggesting to do anything that would be illegal, but I'm not aware of any ordnances that forbid carrying bleach with you.

Get wasp spray. Not regulated at all, can shoot like 25 ft and it's some serious stuff.

Try reading the side of the can where it says something to the effect of "Use of this product for purposes inconsistent with it's labeling is a federal crime"

Try reading the side of the can where it says something to the effect of "Use of this product for purposes inconsistent with it's labeling is a federal crime"

Plus, it's kind of tough to conceal and carry around with you.

Best advice I've heard for the use of pepper spray is that it's not to be used as a deterrent. In other words, don't say, "Stay away from me. I have pepper spray," because the BG (or at least any BG worth his salt) would just put his head down and charge you. Experts I've read say to keep it concealed, then deploy it at the last moment to surprise the perp with it while you make your escape.

Nitric acid works , Hydrofloric too. Ammonia. there are a multitude of ingrediants you can legally buy from the supermarket.

boiled in water make excellent deterents in a water pistol.indelible dye added is a plus.make the BG`s stand out better.

Guys, wasp spray doesn't work at all. You're better off pissing into your attacker's eyes (I seem to recall that being government-sanctioned advice).

There's a video floating around somewhere of a man spraying himself in the face with it twice, he doesn't even flinch. I can't find it. But I did find this, which demonstrates the same thing.

On the subject of kimber pepper blasters, I sprayed my brother in law with it and it dropped him like a rock, he could not open his eyes till they were flused with water for a few mins. It wored great!

Disclaimer- he agreed to be sprayed as punishment for being a dumbass and spraying my daughters stroller and my garage wall with the other shot by accident

• Like 1

On the subject of kimber pepper blasters, I sprayed my brother in law with it and it dropped him like a rock, he could not open his eyes till they were flused with water for a few mins. It wored great!

Disclaimer- he agreed to be sprayed as punishment for being a dumbass and spraying my daughters stroller and my garage wall with the other shot by accident

At what distance too?

I am actually going to have to replace mine soon.  Expiration date is December 2016 (says on the pepper blaster itself).

Holy Crap!  Glad I'm not related to you! :mutley:

Guys, wasp spray doesn't work at all. You're better off pissing into your attacker's eyes (I seem to recall that being government-sanctioned advice).

There's a video floating around somewhere of a man spraying himself in the face with it twice, he doesn't even flinch. I can't find it. But I did find this, which demonstrates the same thing.

Thank you for the video, I've been keeping a bottle of commercial strength 30 ft wasp spray in my car, I guess I'll be rethinking that.

Has anyone tried expired pepper spray ? Does it really lose it's potency ?

I am quite certain it does not lose it's potency at all. They just want to sell you a new one more often!

They're probably more concerned with the canister losing pressure over time, rather than the contents losing their punch.

That thought did cross my mind as well but in the end I really feel it's all about the money.

I thought about the fact that if a person went to use it for self-defense and it didn't work if the company could be sued for negligence in the death of that individual.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Of course.  I pocket carry a Kimber Pepper Blaster every day.

I have the same thing as well when I'm not at home in PA. However, at $40 each I have never test fired it---have you? Online it appears (Youtube) bottom shot first then top and is dead on at 13' or less. Hey, it's better than nothing.

For anyone interested in buying the Kimber Pepperblaster II, I just got this e-flyer advertising it for $29.99:

https://www.osagecountyguns.com/kimber-pepperblaster-ii-red-pepper-blaster-mace-la98001.html

Sale good for 10 days.

It seems to be NJ legal, but IANAL, so use your own judgement.