diamondd817

Best 22lr Ammo for Semi-Autos

Blazer bulk packs are exactly the same load and bullet as 40gr minimags. just without the copper washing on the bullet. Blazer is owned by cci/speer. $20 for 525 rounds at dicks.

Just saying....

Just bought two boxes of that today for my SR22. We'll see how it runs.

man, my MKIII eats the federal 510 load. I bought the 5k+ bulk and so far not a single issue, been through about 800rds so far. I do find it really annoying that federal has multiple lines of the same exact ammo, or same ballistics. 510 is basically ae5022.

if the SR22 can handle standard .22lr, then why on earth would it short stroke on a hv .22

I bought 10 different boxes of 22LR from Natchez for my 10-22 project.

I printed out targets and did a series of tests using a boresnake when changing ammo. I also would shoot several 5 shot groups of the same ammo having a clean barrel and having a barrel lubed from the previous group.

The Wolf was the best. CCI SV was the best bang for the buck, not quite as good as the Wolf but great for plinking at 1/2 the price.

So I took it back to the range today after a good cleaning and lube. I ran it fast and hard with 200rds of American Eagle 38gr HV HP's. Cycled perfect, not one fail to feed or eject. I had 3 fail to fire, but that was the ammo, and it's expected with 22lr. I didn't run any AE HV lead round nose 22, and I dont think i will again. I am happy with the plated ammo and it's cheap enough. Much happier today.

So I took it back to the range today after a good cleaning and lube. I ran it fast and hard with 200rds of American Eagle 38gr HV HP's. Cycled perfect, not one fail to feed or eject. I had 3 fail to fire, but that was the ammo, and it's expected with 22lr. I didn't run any AE HV lead round nose 22, and I dont think i will again. I am happy with the plated ammo and it's cheap enough. Much happier today.

mmm plated is an exaggeration. they are copper washed.