Mikeythumbs

9 MM XDM illeagal in nj

Quick question,

I was just down at Shore Shot and asked about renting a 9 MM XDM the big guy behind the counter told me that the 9 XDM is illeagal in nj becaus of the magazine holding more than 15 rounds. I thought that if you got a mag for a gun like this pinned to 15 then the gun was legal can someone let me know what is right. I like the xdm in 45 and wanted to see if i liked in 9 was considering for a future purchase

Thanks in advance

Mikeythumbs waiting since nov 28th for my jackson FID

The gun is NJ legal.

The >15 round mags, however, are not.

Most NJ FFLs will take the easy (read assholish) way out and not bother with the gun rather than permanently limit the mag capacity to 15 or less prior to delivering the package to the buyer.

Same with the XDM40, afaik (My son-in-law, a local LEO tried, but was refused as it was for personal purchase, not duty use)

thanks guys i though I was right that as long as you can get 15 rd maghs or have them pinned then the gun is legal. Oh well you live and learn the worst par tis this was after i went in bought 3 boxes of 9mm and range fee for the day plus rental of gun. cnat wait till i get my FID and can buy a gun instead of rent and go find a real range and buy normal priced ammo 28 dollars a box for 9 mm at SS

thanks guys i though I was right that as long as you can get 15 rd maghs or have them pinned then the gun is legal. Oh well you live and learn the worst par tis this was after i went in bought 3 boxes of 9mm and range fee for the day plus rental of gun. cnat wait till i get my FID and can buy a gun instead of rent and go find a real range and buy normal priced ammo 28 dollars a box for 9 mm at SS

WHAT>?? Are the bullets cast in gold or something?

I want an xdm 5.25 in 40 but the 16 rd mags are the issue. Going to look into pinning

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

AS LEO, you are exemt (until you retire).

I have an XDM 3.8 compact in .40. Paul from A&A pinned my mags and I bought another pinned from him.

My LEO buddy liked mine so much, he went out and bought one himself. He will pin the mags prior to his retirement next yr. Right now, he does not have to.

Anyone is more then welcome to shoot my XDM. I LOVE IT!

I have an XDM 3.8 compact in .40. Paul from A&A pinned my mags and I bought another pinned from him.

My LEO buddy liked mine so much, he went out and bought one himself. He will pin the mags prior to his retirement next yr. Right now, he does not have to.

Unless there is something I'm missing, that is not entirely accurate.

2C:39-3 Prohibited Weapons and Devices

g.tab.gifExceptions. (1) Nothing in subsection a., b., c., d., e., f., j. or k. of this section shall apply to any member of the Armed Forces of the United States or the National Guard, or except as otherwise provided, to any law enforcement officer while actually on duty or traveling to or from an authorized place of duty, provided that his possession of the prohibited weapon or device has been duly authorized under the applicable laws, regulations or military or law enforcement orders. Nothing in subsection h. of this section shall apply to any law enforcement officer who is exempted from the provisions of that subsection by the Attorney General. Nothing in this section shall apply to the possession of any weapon or device by a law enforcement officer who has confiscated, seized or otherwise taken possession of said weapon or device as evidence of the commission of a crime or because he believed it to be possessed illegally by the person from whom it was taken, provided that said law enforcement officer promptly notifies his superiors of his possession of such prohibited weapon or device.

You can't just go buy "assault weapons" or high cap mags because you are a LEO.

A letter from my dept would be needed stating it is for duty use. Otherwise no i am not exempt

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I had a similar issue trying to get an M&P 9mm Pro. It comes with a 17 round mag, and S&W refuses to ship it to NJ. So it had nothing to do with any FFL's not wanting to block the mags. I called S&W a few times to ask if it there was any way around that one, and they consistently told me there was not. I suppose I could have gotten one shipped from one of the online brokers to an FFL and then had the mags blocked, but I just went ahead and got the regular 9mm.

I had a similar issue trying to get an M&P 9mm Pro. It comes with a 17 round mag, and S&W refuses to ship it to NJ. So it had nothing to do with any FFL's not wanting to block the mags. I called S&W a few times to ask if it there was any way around that one, and they consistently told me there was not. I suppose I could have gotten one shipped from one of the online brokers to an FFL and then had the mags blocked, but I just went ahead and got the regular 9mm.

That's what I did for my 9L. I ordered it on line and had the dealer in Texas keep the mags and just ship the gun.

Unless there is something I'm missing, that is not entirely accurate.

[/size][/font]

You can't just go buy "assault weapons" or high cap mags because you are a LEO.

If it is his off-duty weapon he's good

I go to Shore Shot all the time, members get a discount on ammo, but I think the non-member price is more like $20. I never paid that much even before I joined.

I went iun rentedf the gun paid range fee and then got 2 boxes of 9mm and it weas 96 dollars shot almost both boxs through a so/da sig i liked went back out got 2 more bboxes then tries a ruger full size 9 and the m& p since i stayed in same caliber no upcharge in rental fee but second 2 boxes were 58 and change i kid you not and when renting you have to use their ammo