Downtownv

Will National CCW reciprocity ever happen?

Not in NJ

it should be a straight yes or no answer. it will either happen or not based on the Nation's (hence the word National) choice, so any other state may not have a say in it. It won't prevent other states from creating state laws that acts as a loophole so they don't have to abide by it.

i say yes, tides are turning... we gotta stay vigilant...

This is the key.. I think people/politicians might be just starting to realize how 'pro-gun/self defense right' America is.. With the amount of gun sales skyrocketing.. it might be in the politicians favor to realize that they have a select base of voters they can appease too if they lean more towards our way with gun/2nd amendment rights..

Thoughts??

its funny how out of touch nj is, I was listening to a pro gun pod cast and they had a firearms instructor from Michigan. he was talking about how they have ccw laws, and once you have it you can carry any gun you own, or even a friends gun! and no limit in how many you can carry with said ccw, amazing. I believe we will have change in this state, once the politicians see they have way they can get money from it, they will do it and make the laws just like everything else, money talks, especially in nj...

To elaborate on what Matty said.

If national reciprocity passes, NJ will become like Illinois.

I don't know about that....there are too many "supreme beings" that have permits that won't want to give them up.

its funny how out of touch nj is, I was listening to a pro gun pod cast and they had a firearms instructor from Michigan. he was talking about how they have ccw laws, and once you have it you can carry any gun you own, or even a friends gun! and no limit in how many you can carry with said ccw, amazing. I believe we will have change in this state, once the politicians see they have way they can get money from it, they will do it and make the laws just like everything else, money talks, especially in nj...

Same here in PA. :p

I don't know about that....there are too many "supreme beings" that have permits that won't want to give them up.

Well I figure there would be some kind of "grandfather clause".

The various nationwide reciprocity bills all require honoring out of state permits at the least restrictive of graduated permits, so grandfather clauses won't help. If any CCW is allowed, the out of state permits must be honored

The way I thought the national reciprocity bill was written said, you had to have a CCW from your state of residence. So say if you are from PA and have a CCW you can carry in NJ, but since NJ doesn't offer ccw the national bill wouldn't apply to NJ residents.ETA:For carrying in NJ

So my point was, if the national bill does pass, seeing how anti-gun NJ is, it would probably become like Illinois and just become a no-issue state. And any rich/connected folks who had a NJ ccw would be grandfathered in.

The way I thought the national reciprocity bill was written said, you had to have a CCW from your state of residence. So say if you are from PA and have a CCW you can carry in NJ, but since NJ doesn't offer ccw the national bill wouldn't apply to NJ residents.

A home state permit would only be required to carry WITHIN your home state. So if a bill does pass, and NJ doesn't repeal its statute like you say, I could carry in NJ with my AZ, CT, PA or UT permit. A NJ resident would have to get a NJ permit to carry in NJ, but could get a non-resident permit from another state to carry in any other state.

A home state permit would only be required to carry WITHIN your home state. So if a bill does pass, and NJ doesn't repeal its statute like you say, I could carry in NJ with my AZ, CT, PA or UT permit. A NJ resident would have to get a NJ permit to carry in NJ, but could get a non-resident permit from another state to carry in any other state.

I'm honestly confused, are you agreeing with what I said, or disagreeing with what I said?

Sorry...

You said:

The way I thought the national reciprocity bill was written said, you had to have a CCW from your state of residence.

Many people take that to mean to carry in any state you must have a home state permit. IE. A NJ resident must have a NJ permit to carry in DE.

But what the law says is you just need a permit from any state to carry in any state except your home state. IE A NJ resident could carry in DE with a PA permit.

{You added "For carry in NJ" after I replied}

Sorry...

You said:

Many people take that to mean to carry in any state you must have a home state permit. IE. A NJ resident must have a NJ permit to carry in DE.

But what the law says is you just need a permit from any state to carry in any state except your home state. IE A NJ resident could carry in DE with a PA permit.

{You added "For carry in NJ" after I replied}

Yes, after I re-read your post and re-read my own, I figured that might have been what you were talking about.

To summarize my point, IMO alot of people figure as soon as the national reciprocity passes, NJ residents will be able to ccw in NJ. And I'm a half empty kind of person and I don't believe this to be so.

To summarize my point, IMO alot of people figure as soon as the national reciprocity passes, NJ residents will be able to ccw in NJ. And I'm a half empty kind of person and I don't believe this to be so.

You would be correct. Unless NJ actually started issuing permits to Joe Citizen NJ residents would not be able to carry in NJ.

I don't see it hapening in my lifetime. The average NJ citizen is either afraid of guns or completely apathetic. NJ is simply not a state with a pervasive gun culture (or even a liberty culture.)

I'm in agreement that if the national bill passes the NJ legislature will waste no time in rendering it irrelevant with new laws of their own.

Pa is actually like 25-30 mins from me and at the moment I can't afford to move out if I sell all my guns I could but that's not an option to me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That would be a bad idea.