Kingsoverqueens

Monmouth County Gun Stores/Ammo Shops

Looking for recommendations for Gun stores in Monmouth County, actually between Red Bank and Jackson.

So far I've found L&H which I like, and Pinewood which is right outside of my club (CJRPC) which I really didn't like. There is also the place in Shrewsbury but that's more like a uniform/police supply type place with a very limited "sportsmen" selection. Example, no 12ga # shot or clays in stock.

Not a big fan of Dicks because of their stupid plastic "security" case for ammo.

Anyone have a favorite?

There is the sportsmans place in Jackson by the minute stop guy that owns it is ancient bought a box of 45 from him he looks at me and goes you

Over 18 but he was expensive has guns but I didn't look at prices or selection

Yea not a big fan of him, he had a Sig 556 I wanted, but couldn't sell me modified magazines with it. I walked out lol

There is the sportsmans place in Jackson by the minute stop guy that owns it is ancient bought a box of 45 from him he looks at me and goes you

Over 18 but he was expensive has guns but I didn't look at prices or selection

There is this thing called punctuation it helps separate sentences so you when you say lets eat grandma we know what you mean.

There is this thing called punctuation it helps separate sentences so you when you say lets eat grandma we know what you mean.

It's the internet, why waste the time correcting others when people will do whatever they want anyways.

I have been to the pineland sporting goods place by CJRPC and the place sucked, prices were disgusting on ammo. I had him look into a holster for me and he never called me back. Never been to the other spots mentioned, I mostly buy my guns from either SS or Tony, ammo I buy at dicks with a bunch of coupons in hand or I buy online.

What bout Shore Shot in Lakewood? 730 Airport Rd # 4 Lakewood Township, NJ 08701 (732) 905-6888. I know it's considered Ocean County but it's 15 minutes from Jackson. Great section, decent prices and mediocre customer service.

The Sportsman shanty......man the place is a dive. Mostly used guns and hardly anything really nice. I have gone in to look a few times but haven't spent a dime in the joint.

I pretty much go to TJ Sporting Arms all the time.

^ Not exactly on the way to the range.

Consider this. It's Saturday, just finished lunch, and the wife wants me out of her hair. So I say to number one son, "Hey, wanna shoot some trap?"

Where can I go to pick up shells and birds? Other than Dicks in Freehold or Pineland where I'll get but hurt on the prices?

That's what I'm looking for.

E.H. Salomon's in Farmingdale might carry birds and shot. He caters his retail a lot to the reloading business and i've only purchased powder/primers from them but they are also an on-sight, real-deal automatic trap range so he might carry those sorts of things. Apparently they even sell guns there but you'd hardly know it because they don't keep the majority of them readily on display.

I stopped by the Sportsman Shanty on Sunday on the way home.

It was an experience. lol.

The shop is old and so are the people who run it. I remember going to the place 30 years ago for a scope for my BB gun.

Anyway, he didn't have any 12 ga # 8 shot shells but there were 2 cases of birds on the floor, so I took them. I felt bad using a credit card so I paid with the final little bit of cash I had in my pocket. Now I'm broke. lol.

The lady gave my son the DVD and booklet so he can take the hunter course.

They are VERY nice people and I'll shop their again, just to support them.

^ Rich, I stopped in to Bullseye last night. Nice shop with a lot of potential. I could see it becoming a great shop once they figure out the product lines they need to carry and develop a client following. Thanks for pointing them out to me.

Chris is great and can order what he doesn't stock. It's a new shop but it seems like he is developing a good client base which will likely drive his inventory.

Rich