G929

Saiga 12 for nj

honestly.. buy it.. shoot it.. and be glad that you have it when they finally get around to banning them..

there really is not much you can do to the gun to make it run better while living in NJ.. you basically just have to leave it how it is..

I bought one while I was living in NJ.. and just hung onto it.. this is the gun now that I live in PA where anything goes.. lol

again this gun is NOT NJ legal..

saiga12finalvlad1.jpg

A semi-automatic shotgun with either a magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a pistol grip, or a folding stock is an "assault weapon" in NJ.

Nevermind. I don't know why this has to be repeated five times per week. :facepalm:

I own a saiga as well and the firearm shoots fantastic. There are some minor things here and there that I would change, but overall its a great buy. But I needed some help with the legality of an add on part. I replace the forearm and added an ak style mount to the side, but I was interested in getting this barrel to add to it. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks.

Hello guys im looking to get a saiga but I know in this state they are verry strick... So can any one be welling to post any pics so I can have an idea of what to have.. Thank you all

I considered getting one, but the NJ pussified version sucks so bad compared to the rest of the country that I decided to wait until I move or until the law changes.

I considered getting one, but the NJ pussified version sucks so bad compared to the rest of the country that I decided to wait until I move or until the law changes.

I've never fired one, but I have held one in stock configuration. It's actually quite impressive compared to Saiga stock rifles. The FCG may suck balls, but it's a shotgun. It's not made for precision shooting.

I'm considering a Saiga 12 but am confused about the difference between the 24" and 19" barrels. Is there any pros/cons of each?

Centerfire Systems only has the 24" in stock. http://centerfiresystems.com/SAI-12IZ107.aspx

The 19" is out of stock. http://centerfiresystems.com/SAI-12.aspx

I'm considering a Saiga 12 but am confused about the difference between the 24" and 19" barrels. Is there any pros/cons of each?

19" better for home defense, 24" if you want to shoot skeet as some clubs have barrel limits. Probably not he best reason, but it is fun.

6 round max for NJ semi-auto, but I believe 5 round max for Saiga because of 922r.

And if you do get one the MD ARMS V-PLUG adjustable gas plug works well and can be counted as a compliance part.

Did you ever end up picking one up? Cause i'v been seeing them everywhere lately if your still looking. Recently seen 2 at chayenne mt. outfitters, 2 at sayreville sportsmen, 1 at brick armory, 1 at sure shot, and like 5 at sarco in PA.

Just a heads up in case your still on the hunt

Thanks for the reply. I have not picked one up yet. I'm hoping to pick one up for a reasonable price. I went to Cabela's today and the price tag was $700. I'm going to Sarco on Monday and hope the prices are more reasonable.

I had one and I ended up selling it. With the factory stock, the trigger is awful and because of the stock being so far back, it balances really, really weird. I didn't like it at all. Also loading magazines can be fairly awkward until you get the hang of it. I think most of the reason they are so popular is because people in other states can modify them back to AK-configuration and then it seems like it would be an awesome shotgun.

Your mileage may vary but IMO, don't waste the $700 on one and get a regular tube fed pump like a Mossberg 930, you will end up with a much better shotgun that way.

I had one and I ended up selling it. With the factory stock, the trigger is awful and because of the stock being so far back, it balances really, really weird. I didn't like it at all. Also loading magazines can be fairly awkward until you get the hang of it. I think most of the reason they are so popular is because people in other states can modify them back to AK-configuration and then it seems like it would be an awesome shotgun.

Your mileage may vary but IMO, don't waste the $700 on one and get a regular tube fed pump like a Mossberg 930, you will end up with a much better shotgun that way.

in traditional AK configuration it is a solid weapon system.. I agree that in stock form at that price point there are better options..

Well I got ine didnt take me more then a few dry fires to try and clean up the fcg. I took some emery cloth and hit up the contact points. . Smoothed out a lot for 2 minutes of rubbing the hammer and barely taking any finish off. Mag insertion is a bitchh it can be done on a closed bolt but I find it easier to just hold the bolt open and put it in. You can get mag wells that are simular to ar type mag wells that allow u yo slap it in. This may do. For 99 bucks and just having to shave the lug off ur existing mags it is a practical upgrade wether the gun is converted ot in nj configuration. Back to the fcg.. Carolina shooter supply sells hammer springs I ordered one for my gun 5 minutes ago. I have one on my 223 and it works great so I figure in the non converted fcg it should help. While I have the fcg out im gunna polish up my fcg better also. If this isnt ur cup of tea dinzag makes a tapco g2 for non convetted s12 and saiga rifles. I dont see the point but I may order one just to try out. Well that was a lot of rambling. .. good luck