Marc

Belt Fed Rifles

Does anyone shoot belt fed rifles? They are a lot of fun. Kits can be bought, though harder all the time to find or they can be purchased already built. If anyone is shooting them, which ranges are being used?

There are several on here that have 1919A4's - not my place to out them, and not really a rifle anyway. What is belt-fed, shoulder-fired and available in NJ???

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I have a 1919A4 and enjoy something different. They weigh about 30lbs so I use a tripod. As asked above, they are legal in NJ but as everything else limited to a string of 15 rounds. It would be nice getting together with other 1919 owners and do a little shooting.

U can do an ar conversion and have no more then 15 rounds linked together

This is a nice idea, but I think it doesn't work legally. Nothing to stop you from adding a 16th link.

It's no different than having a high capacity magazine (in this case, infinite), and you promise not to put more than 15 rounds in.

But if u only have possesion of a 15 link belt it would be legal adding the 16th would be the illegal part, I honestly don't see an issue, you can permanently alter the final link not to except ant more links

I agree with you. I also use cloth belts cut for 15 rounds instead of the metal links

I have a MG42 and keep the 15 rd belts at my house in Jersey and the big boy belts at my sisters house in PA which is only 15 minutes away.

You have the best of both worlds

It's debatable if a belt is a "container" in the first place........ that being said keeping them to 15 rounds is the safest way to be sure you're in compliance.

Having a box of disintegrating links is not illegal since they cannot "continuously feed" into a semi auto unless they were assembled that way, keep them at 15 rounds and you'll be fine.

Your 1917A1 is a beauty. It's good to see the belt feds on the forum. Which range do you use?

Not a range member anywhere at this point...and there are still more belt feds in the collection. Im trying to go to the arfcom hometown shoot on the 24th...if I go, ill bring the Maxim 1910...maybe the RPD..and a bunch of other stuff...

Buckeye Gun Club, near the intersection of 72 and 539. The numerical address is 501 Route 72 in Barnegat, and GPS cooridinates show 39.789044 -74.361035.

can i ask on what date, and if this is open or a closed event? I would like to head up and see it.