kroze

$59 FFL Transfer fees??? ($40 fee + $15 NICS + 7%tax)

I've found a lot of good deals online for long guns but after adding in the $60 FFL transfer fees, it's not that great of a deal anymore.

That is insane isn't it? Is there anyway to get around this if you're buying a long gun?

sure, go to the seller & buy face to face

Lots of deals online look amazing until you factor in additional fees, sometimes you are better off going to you local gun shop and seeing if there prices are comparable.

I think I've read on here that $40 isn't outrageous for a transfer fee; depending on where you are located Mastadon Ammo & Camo(forum vendor) does long gun transfers for $25.

Support your local business and buy the gun locally? :dontknow:

Most guns can be ordered from a vendor at near online prices and you have a face to face transaction. If there is an issue or problem, you have a face to talk to about it. Lets try to keep the brick and mortar dealers in business! We have some really great vendors that support this forum so we should support them! Use the price quote or give them a call. If you put your general location in your signature or profile, we could direct you to some we have been using with great feedback!

I've found a lot of good deals online for long guns but after adding in the $60 FFL transfer fees, it's not that great of a deal anymore.

That is insane isn't it? Is there anyway to get around this if you're buying a long gun?

There is no way around the law.....

None zero zilch ....

Troll elsewhere ....sorry my meter is pinging...I apologize if I am off base....

a lot of dealers out of state that charge only $15 per gun and discount on more than one. That's out the door too. As i buy usually 3-5 guns at a time its worth it for me. Dealers in nj dont discount for quantity and normally have bad attitudes.

So how much do you burn in gas, tolls, and time wasted driving over the border to save a few bucks? Work with the dealers, they will work with you. If you buy 3 to 5 guns at a time, it is only 1 Nics call. the paperwork is negotiable.

Big one though... this only works if you are buying a long gun... can't buy a handgun out of state... will always have to be through an NJ FFL.... at which point, factor in AIR shipping for pistols.

Ever since the manufacturers starting cracking down on big online gun dealers who would of drop ship... you do not see as many deals once the total price is computed.

Used guns, the prices will vary region to region... but new guns... a $500 glock is a $500 glock.

So how much do you burn in gas, tolls, and time wasted driving over the border to save a few bucks? Work with the dealers, they will work with you. If you buy 3 to 5 guns at a time, it is only 1 Nics call. the paperwork is negotiable.

Big one though... this only works if you are buying a long gun... can't buy a handgun out of state... will always have to be through an NJ FFL.... at which point, factor in AIR shipping for pistols.

Ever since the manufacturers starting cracking down on big online gun dealers who would of drop ship... you do not see as many deals once the total price is computed.

Used guns, the prices will vary region to region... but new guns... a $500 glock is a $500 glock.

No tolls where my one dealer is. The other is a $1 toll. Yeah you got a point there, that one hits you right in the pocket lol. Gas is not really a factor either. One is about 5 miles from work, the other is 30 min from home. I mostly buy used long guns, so the pistols doesn't effect me. But I will say on then new guns I have purchased in the past lets say year. Every dealer I called could not touch online prices. Even with transfer fee's and gas factored in. I have used NJ dealers and they give you a break maybe once, but then they don't care.

No tolls where my one dealer is. The other is a $1 toll. Yeah you got a point there, that one hits you right in the pocket lol. Gas is not really a factor either. One is about 5 miles from work, the other is 30 min from home. I mostly buy used long guns, so the pistols doesn't effect me. But I will say on then new guns I have purchased in the past lets say year. Every dealer I called could not touch online prices. Even with transfer fee's and gas factored in. I have used NJ dealers and they give you a break maybe once, but then they don't care.

So you are lucky to live close to the border.... For others... it is alot more... it works in your case.... the point is... more broadly.