BlackOps Badger

I know I'm right, help me prove it.

This is going to sound stupid, but I need help proving I'm right.

At my local gun store,employee behind counter says you CAN NOT have a threaded barrel on a semi-automatic handgun in the state of New Jersey. The fire arm that we are talking about in particular is a Ruger 22/45 with a threaded barrel. I say you can. He says no you can't. Instead of arguing like third graders I tell him to show me the statute that says it's illegal. He says he doesn't have to prove anything. I pull out my phone and quote the statute:

ii. A semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at

least two of the following:

(1) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip; Good to go

(2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, One

forward handgrip, or silencer;

(3) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles the barrel and

that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being

burned; Good to go

(4) Manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and/or Good to go

(5) A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm; This is where it gets scary.

He says that the Ruger 22/45 is the semi automatic version of an automatic gun. :huh: "What gun?" says I. He replies a Luger. And I tell him that the 22/45 is not the same as a Luger, and that even if it was, a Luger is semi-automatic. He says that he'll just find out from the state police, and we all know that with them they will tell you just about anything is illegal.

Am I right, or am I right. This is really bothering me for some reason. Help me out.

sounds right to me. was he the owner/manager? if it was then i'd just go somewhere else.. sounds like your getting one from the internet or from out of state, correct? i don't know much about lugers but they are definately not the same as a 22/45.. the 22/45 doesn't even have the luger style grip that the Mark IIIs do so i don't know what the guy is talking about.

I would rather try and talk to the guy again and maybe get him educated rather than get the store ostracized from the gun community.

He already told you that he does not need to prove anything to you...........

Anyway the 22/45= Luger statement from him proves that he is beyond education.......

I would rather try and talk to the guy again and maybe get him educated rather than get the store ostracized from the gun community.

Show him the carrot Show him the carrot but reserve the right to use the stick.

now i am curious about which store it was. i have a personal rule, if employees don't treat me in a manner not mindful of the fact that i may or may not be supporting their business then i simply don't shop there. ever. same goes for guitar stores, hence why i buy all my guitars online any more....

1) it isn't based off the luger. Show me the toggle.

2) Even if it was, find me anyone who set up a business manufacturing full atuo lugers. The germans tried it and had issues so canned it in favor of select fire broomhandle mausers.

The guy is an idiot.

Joe, listen.... me and vinny have had the same argument. I just dropped it. It's not worth the BS. If you really want a gun with a threaded barrel just buy that one gun somewhere else :(

BTW if you're looking for a 22/45 I'm thinking of selling mine for a bersa ;)

Why is it that when I see these threads of FFL's that DON'T know the state laws in regards to firearms (or make their own up), nobody calls them out publicly here? There's a 1st amendment for a reason you know, USE IT.

Why is it that when I see these threads of FFL's that DON'T know the state laws in regards to firearms (or make their own up), nobody calls them out publicly here? There's a 1st amendment for a reason you know, USE IT.

I did a few months ago and the shop owner came on here and started insulting me...