I don't know how SCFGPA is as I've never shot there, but Tenafly is very laid back and easy going and a good time.

At most I think I've seen 20 people for the action match. Starts at 6:30pm or so and you can be out before 9/9:30 usually.

Usually three stages. I'd recommend it for anyone close by.

You don't need to be a member of the club. Gear's pretty standard for each sport. I think for orientation you need to show up early for safety briefing. I checked out the match a few weeks back but didn't shoot. Really friendly group. I'm gonna shoot knockdown steel next week using my IDPA rig (cuz that's what I've got), a Glock 34, five 10-round magazines, kydex holster.

You don't need to be a member of the club. Gear's pretty standard for each sport. I think for orientation you need to show up early for safety briefing. I checked out the match a few weeks back but didn't shoot. Really friendly group. I'm gonna shoot knockdown steel next week using my IDPA rig (cuz that's what I've got), a Glock 34, five 10-round magazines, kydex holster.

I am going to try to make this one. Some of the guys at Somerset IDPA were talking about going to this one. Plus, I can always use practice with knockdown steel.

Has anyone been shooting at Tenafly on Sunday evenings lately? These comments from a couple of years back still valid?

I'm shooting IDPA at Old Bridge mostly but wanted to try out the centerfire steel knockdown 4th Sundays of the month.

Any comments, advice or tips is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

Has anyone been shooting at Tenafly on Sunday evenings lately? These comments from a couple of years back still valid?

I'm shooting IDPA at Old Bridge mostly but wanted to try out the centerfire steel knockdown 4th Sundays of the month.

Any comments, advice or tips is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

I know they took the summer off from hosting the Sunday evening matches, but resumed Oct 5 with a Bianchi cup match.  I didn't get an email about a match last Sunday, but just received one about a knock down steel match this Sunday.  Starting an hour earlier than last year--arrive at 4:30, shoot starts at 5.   Pistol/Revolver, pistol-caliber carbine, and shotgun with birdshot all allowed, many shooters shoot two divisions.    Newbie-friendly, $10 to shoot, no prizes, but a good time for all.