NickC

World War Z

The Pitt character seems fine. The character is supposed to be an egghead. The entire mise-en-scene is wrong. The point of the book is the slow steady relentless wave picking up every Tom dick and Harry on its path and a discussion of what went wrong and what's going right. Sociopolitical realities are a big part of the story as is the dichotomy of the individual security vs the collective strength.

Doesn't look like there is much room for that here.

The Pitt character seems fine. The character is supposed to be an egghead. The entire mise-en-scene is wrong. The point of the book is the slow steady relentless wave picking up every Tom dick and Harry on its path and a discussion of what went wrong and what's going right. Sociopolitical realities are a big part of the story as is the dichotomy of the individual security vs the collective strength.

Do you really think that would sell tickets? Fear and violence is what sells. This is Hollywood, babe.

It looks like they took some of the locations and events from the book and used them as the backdrop for the movie, but that's where the similarities end. I think it looks decent if you just want a zombie/action movie... but it's not World War Z. That said, I'm still going to see it

I just liked how they climbed up the wall. :crazy:

Do you really think that would sell tickets? Fear and violence is what sells. This is Hollywood, babe.

Meh.

I'm thinking that Max Brooks is having a bit of buyer's remorse today. You can not have written a book like WWZ and be happy with what this movie looks to be.

It looks like a movie that had already been made. So no. It doesn't look entertaining to me, personally. I was very excited before, but I will wait for video now.I saw I am legend. I saw 28 weeks later. I saw the remake of dawn of the dead. The purpose of the genre isn't displayed in this trailer. Just one guys opinion.

Never read the book, but I just read the plot summary, and that preview doesn't look anything like the plot summary reads.

Also CGI shots that look so ridiculous as to be laughable.

Now- Act of Valor, that was good.

I'll accept that this was intended to be a vignette not rally in the book or that combined ones form the book. However, it undermines the initial premise of how the zombies went from an aberration to a disaster. Lots of "these were people we knew and loved" and denial on an individual level as well as a scientific level and bureaucratic level went into the foundation of the disaster.

What baffles me is why bother buying the name? You make that and you are pretty much guaranteeing the fans of the book won't go. The name doesn't mean anything to non fans. It's catchy, but so are a million other titles, and they are cheaper and if you just made "BRAD PITT's Zombie Inferno" you probably would have gotten at least the zombie fans from the world war Z pile of fans. Which is probably most of them. Really they paid for negative word of mouth advertising, and maybe to catch those folks that heard world war Z was supposed ot be a good book.