johnott

"Cheaperthandirt" suspends online gun sales

Cheaper than dirt reviewing polices concerning online sales. Dicks Sporting goods has also suspended firearms sales.

http://www.theblaze....-firearm-sales/

I'm surprised that online retailers have been rattled by this on again off again push for gun control. Soon the online purchase of firearms related merchandise will become hard to find due to business's trying to mitigate their liability and distance themselves from the actions of nut-jobs who may use a weapon for mass killings or suicide. Recent events smell of gun control on an array of different levels; local, state and federal. If you are not an NRA member it might be a good idea to sign up now to make your voice heard.

New Headline: Cerberus to sell Bushmaster maker after shootings.

"Following pressure from a major investor, U.S. private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management is selling gunmaker Freedom Group, whose Bushmaster AR-15 rifle was used in the Connecticut school massacre last week."

"Wal-Mart Stores Inc took down an informational website about semi-automatic Bushmaster rifles."

I do not own an AR- type rifle nor am I a Fan of DIck's or Cheaperthandirt... but this craziness is spreading and I hope it stops soon.

Cheaper Than Dirt has announced that it will resume firearms sales.

They blame them suspending sales on their ability(or lack thereof) to ship firearms in a timely manner due to the "rush".

I think that's a load of BS...they came up with an excuse after they saw people boycotting them. From their Facebook page:

407216_10151297710959324_372884715_n.jpg

Just fot this.

As above, a load of BS....damage control

I say no mercy for these sell outs.

Let them feel the pain.

They were never my favourites anyway with their shipping charges.

View this email in a web browser | Forward to a friend

December 19, 2012

Cheaper Than Dirt! will Resume Online Firearm Sales Pending Policy Changes

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

Cheaper Than Dirt! prides itself on being America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter since 1993. Cheaper Than Dirt! boasts over 100,000 items available for purchase through their Web site and catalog. Articles, photos and videos appear daily on the Shooter's Log at www.CheaperThanDirt.com/blog.

This biweekly e-newsletter is sent out by

Cheaper Than Dirt!

2524 NE Loop 820

Fort Worth, TX 76106 USA

One-click Unsubscribe | Manage My Subscriptions | Forward to Friend