Shawnmoore81

Trigger guard

Just installed a laser inscribed magpul enhanced trigger guard.

hebeby9a.jpg

I had an issue with the moe guard. The hex screw would strip during install. The one I put on my m&p-15 went in fine. My sig stripped 2 of em. So I went with metal instead and it worked.

On the MOE guard, I think the allen key supplied is the wrong size. I thought I stripped the inside of the screw when installing it as the allen key was starting to slip while tightening the screw. I was not happy with the install as a tiny bit of the screw was still sticking out (fractions of a mm). I was annoyed with it and decided to remove it. There was just enough threading for me to remove the screw. I replaced it with a Troy one.

I was building a lower for my brother in law and decided to give him the MOE guard as it is still better than the ones that come in most LPKs. I just used an allen key from my tool bin and was able to screw it in all the way without any issues.

Danger! Danger! Unasked for advice ;)

Move your optic forward a few slots (looks like 4 or 5 slots would be about perfect). Place it so that the window of your EOTech is over your magazine well, in the center of balance of the rifle. It will make the rifle feel lighter and faster in your hands and drive better when you transition targets.