Sign in to follow this  
BleedingOrange36

Bushmaster made in Windham, Me

I have a quick question. I know in 2006 Freedom Group bought up bushmaster and moved it out to NY. I learned the whole story about this while shopping for my Windham. I just noticed that my Bushmaster I recently picked up was made in Windham, Maine. Does this increase the value or collectible worth. The gun is pretty much brand new, has had 16rds ran through to it check function.

It is SPF right now to my aunt... But after noticing that its pre- freedom group... I'm curious If I should try to hang on to it. It was an impulse buy on my part, and I couldn't turn down the price. After I got home I really felt the burn of spending everything I had left in my savings... Girlfriends not happy either..

I'm not making any money off my aunt, she's done more for me than I could of ever asked for. But she won't be able to pay for it until she receives her commission check next week....

I'm having sellers remorse, but of the gun is worth hanging onto I may just help her locate an Ar elsewhere.

Also, no. ARs, unless they're "limited" or originals will not have collectible value, other than that of a rifle. Commercial ARs like Bushmasters, Colts, etc are made by the hundreds of thousands, if not millions. Doesn't matter where they're made.

I know... I know.... I guess I'm just really trying to talk myself into hanging onto it. An unexpected expense reared its ugly head up and I really need the money now.... Or else I would never consider selling it.....

Mods you can go ahead and wipe out this whole thread, dumb question..... Obvious answer.