Sign in to follow this  
Bbott

HK USP vs P30 Trigger

I was at the Bayonne range today. Firing my M&P 9mm and my brother's HK USP 9mm. I really liked the trigger on this gun, is the trigger on the HK P30 similar?

I have one more permit to use, I was thinking of getting a M&P9c, however I think I'm going to try something different. Still need to shoot a Glock too before I make up my mind...

I think the trigger was my biggest complaint I had against my (now sold) USP 9mm Compact.

I'm not saying it was a bad trigger, but for a rather expensive gun it could have been way

better. In my opinion the double and single action of Sigs is much better than HKs I've handled.

I own a P228 which supposedly has a better trigger pull.

I prefer the trigger of a Glock and M&P over the HK actually. It doesn't necessarily feel better

but seems I shot better with the safe action style trigger pull than I did HKs SA/DA set up.

Not much experience with the P30.

Keep in mind the M&P has the Apex kit which is supposed to be quite sweet. You can't do much

with HK triggers to my knowledge.

There are lots of different trigger variants available for the USP. The Match-LEM hybrid is by far my favorite.

Yes, get a match trigger for the USP! Well when it comes in stock. Totally forgot about that. I installed a couple. Not hard to install. If you do not want to install it, get the kit and send to Springfield.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-USP-Match-Trigger-Conversion-Kit-199p1039.htm

I'm actually talking about the Match-LEM hybrid. This uses the match sear spring, match trigger return spring, match trigger stop, and match hammer spring, along with LEM parts, for a light, crisp, fantastic trigger.

I was always interested in the USP Compact. Maybe it was from watching too much Jack Bauer in 24. Anyway, I was window shopping at Heritage in PA and finally asked to see one. I was completely turned off from the stock trigger. It just wasn't something I was expecting. Gritty and heavy DA. Felt like a bucket of sand was lodged in the action. Maybe a tuned up match version would make me change my mind, but for it to not come from the factory in a more refined state, I was just dumfounded. I did get to try my friend's brand new P30L out a few weeks back. He had the LEM version. I will admit, it's not something I've ever felt before or can compare to. Definitely a long pull and a long reset. Almost felt like a toy with a broken hammer spring. Maybe I'm not use to it, but I'd choose a DA/SA over the LEM. That's if no 1911's were available. :)

Sorry, I'm a Glock hater so don't ask me how I feel about their striker system. PPQ on the other hand, luv em. Played with a XDM and that was a nice trigger pull too. Worth a visit to the local shop to take a look, if they have one.

I'm going to checkout the PPQ M2, assuming my gun store has it in stock.

I'm still considering another M&P pistol, the gritty trigger is a bit annoying though -- takes forever to break it in. Haven't dabbled w/ the Apex kit yet...

Yes, Lem is an option also.

LEM is great. Smooth DA trigger pull that feels very light. No hitches in it. Just one smooth pull and bang. The SIG P226 SRT is also nice. All you have to do is let up on the trigger a fraction of an inch after your shot and it resets. I could make that gun sound like a machine pistol. I also like the DAK trigger but I was raised on DA triggers and prefer them. Even Glock triggers seem like hair triggers to me. :)