Photo

NJGF/NJ2AS/ANJRPC dinner, can it be done?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 NJDrew1

NJDrew1
  • LocationEwing NJ
  • Home Range:CJRPC

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a shoot and social at Central Jersey complete with barbeque?

#62 Ray Ray

Ray Ray
  • LocationBayonne, Hudson County
  • Home Range:Bayonne Pistol Range

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a shoot and social at Central Jersey complete with barbeque?

it would be

But it would have to be on a weekend, which is when the range has shooting events that bring in $$$ for the club.
NJZED

#63 triton200

triton200
  • LocationDeptford
  • Home Range:gloucester county

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

You could work around schedule for a range who says it has to be lunch or dinner you could do pancake breakfast meet and greet and lots of coffee. nothing brings out the masses like free cup o Joe
NRA,NJ2AS
NJ FIREMANS RELIEF ASSOCIATION LIFE MEMBER

#64 AnthonyG

AnthonyG
  • Locationjackson
  • Home Range:CJRPC

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

I always viewed the NRA as more of a defense against federal gun laws and regulations, they do show their support to gun owners in jersey however its limited because they are fighting for multiple states. If we are talking about protecting and making change here in jersey, a jersey born Pro 2A group needs to spearhead an event and raise the money here and fight on the state level HERE.

#65 djg0770

djg0770
  • LocationPassaic County
  • Home Range:GFH Woodland Park

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

It SEEMS as if they hold up NJ as the poster child of "how bad it could get" but have not poured any money into the state to reverse the idiocy. If you have a sinking ship don't you at least TRY to plug a leak in the hopes that plugging the leak here (ie proving something is unconstitutional) cuts the legs out from under other states from attempting to do the same?

-Dan

The Constitution does NOT give any rights.  It merely lists SOME of those rights.
NRA Life Member

#66 Frank Jack Fiamingo

Frank Jack Fiamingo
  • LocationManahawkin, NJ
  • Home Range:Brick Armory

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

I apologize for not posting sooner. I have been swamped. I suppose that we could have a joint fundraiser, but I am not sure what the advantage would be over separate events by each entity. I am open to suggestion.

Posted Image

Frank Jack Fiamingo

President

President@nj2as.com

www.nj2as.com

NOW IS THE TIME!!!

@NJ2ASPREZ

NJ2AS on YouTube

NJ2AS Facebook Group Page

Operation Establish Compliance

#67 ruger9

ruger9
  • LocationNW NJ
  • Home Range:used to be my backyard, then I moved here

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

I just went to something like this in Ohio. Buckeye Firearms Association held a dinner, the Buckeye Bash, $45/plate, and had silent auctions, regular auctions, and raffles- all goods donated by sponsors, gun shops, etc. (my sister actually won a sweet little Sig P238)... Heller (Heller vs DC) gave the keynote- he spoke for FREE. All the money raised was to go for Ohio teachers' firearms training (the program has already begun). There were 3 state representatives and 1 state supreme court justice in attendance. A board member of the NRA also gave a speech.

It was a blast of a night, and I don't see why we couldn't do it here. I'm not only in, I'll donate my time to help make it happen.

#68 Ray Ray

Ray Ray

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

I apologize for not posting sooner. I have been swamped. I suppose that we could have a joint fundraiser, but I am not sure what the advantage would be over separate events by each entity. I am open to suggestion.

I thought that a PRO-2A dinner that would benefit all parties would be easier than to just pick one and not include the other. Frank, I never heard back from the gentlemen you had me email.
NJZED

#69 Smokin .50

Smokin .50
  • LocationNear Old Bridge NJ
  • Home Range:Old Bridge, Monmouth, Cherry Ridge, on the Farm in Vernon!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

I have a friend who shoots with me and owns a Pig Roast Catering Business along with a really big grill for burgers & dogs. I'll see him at Pequest's Open House this Saturday (where I'll be in Period Costume doing a percussion demo where the public gets to fire my shotgun). I'll see if he's interested and what he'd need to do it.

CJ has more parking room than Old Bridge, but if we didn't have to shoot, plenty of parking space. Not sure about the schedule/permission, but can inquire.

Tent rental Co., Caterer, Prizes, 50-50, Speakers, Publicity, Press, Politicians, and a lot of other Committees would need to be formed and run efficiently. It could work, BUT a lot of folks would have to really get involved.

I'm in, but I can't run this whole thing. Maybe run a Committee?

Dave
Being SAFE is my FIRST priority. Bring enough Gun & have all of the Fun you can Handle! Have 10 Ga., WILL knock Pheasants out of the Sky!

#70 Ray Ray

Ray Ray

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

I have a friend who shoots with me and owns a Pig Roast Catering Business along with a really big grill for burgers & dogs. I'll see him at Pequest's Open House this Saturday (where I'll be in Period Costume doing a percussion demo where the public gets to fire my shotgun). I'll see if he's interested and what he'd need to do it.

CJ has more parking room than Old Bridge, but if we didn't have to shoot, plenty of parking space. Not sure about the schedule/permission, but can inquire.

Tent rental Co., Caterer, Prizes, 50-50, Speakers, Publicity, Press, Politicians, and a lot of other Committees would need to be formed and run efficiently. It could work, BUT a lot of folks would have to really get involved.

I'm in, but I can't run this whole thing. Maybe run a Committee?

Dave

I was under the usumption that a range wouldn't allow this event due to the weekend shooting schedule's being booked up.
NJZED

#71 Smokin .50

Smokin .50
  • LocationNear Old Bridge NJ
  • Home Range:Old Bridge, Monmouth, Cherry Ridge, on the Farm in Vernon!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

I was under the usumption that a range wouldn't allow this event due to the weekend shooting schedule's being booked up.

^^^THIS^^^^

Yes it's a conundrum, but you never know. Some months have 5 weekends, OB has no IDPA at present, High Power only shoots on Range 7 till 11:30 (maybe) on the second Sunday, otherwise place is wide-open on second Sunday???????????

Just chatting--still need a Committee Chair to run the entire Gig!
Being SAFE is my FIRST priority. Bring enough Gun & have all of the Fun you can Handle! Have 10 Ga., WILL knock Pheasants out of the Sky!

#72 Ray Ray

Ray Ray

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

^^^THIS^^^^

Yes it's a conundrum, but you never know. Some months have 5 weekends, OB has no IDPA at present, High Power only shoots on Range 7 till 11:30 (maybe) on the second Sunday, otherwise place is wide-open on second Sunday???????????

Just chatting--still need a Committee Chair to run the entire Gig!

I emailed the events coordinator for NJ2AS but have not gotten a response. I'm willing to do what needs to be done, but like you said it can't be done alone.
NJZED

#73 Holeshot

Holeshot
  • LocationHunterdon County
  • Home Range:Yes

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

There is a private club out here in Hunterdon County. I know they have an outdoor pavilion with restrooms, etc. that they rent out. They do not normally have events there on all the weekend days. I am not sure if the ranges could be used or not during a rental.

The location would probably not be ideal because of it being in Hunterdon, but if you run out of possible places to have it, I know the guy incharge of it and could ask him what the deal is. It's probably about 10 miles past the Clinton WMA.

"You got to watch your step, when you know the chips are down." -Cow Patti

#74 wooly bugger

wooly bugger
  • Home Range:Cherry Ridge

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

How about at Cherry Ridge? They have a big clubhouse which would be good for catering. And we could mix it with a day of shooting?

#75 ruger9

ruger9
  • LocationNW NJ
  • Home Range:used to be my backyard, then I moved here

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

How about at Cherry Ridge? They have a big clubhouse which would be good for catering. And we could mix it with a day of shooting?

IDK, from what I've read about Cherry Ridge, you'd have to have a parking officer, a name tag officer, a Hors-de-voures officer, a refreshments officer, a plasticware officer....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users