Bbott

Glock 17 vs Glock 22 Recoil

I own a M&P 9 and I'm trying to figure out my next gun. Permit expires soon and there is slim pickings because of the firearm demand. Everyone seems to have the Glock 22 in stock, everyone is out of the 17 and 19.

Shoot it before you buy. I had a Glock 22 and used a Wolf Distributors .40 to 9mm conversion barrel. Ultimately I sold the Glock 22 and got a Glock 19 instead. The 22 was too big for my hobbit hands. Again, shoot before you buy.

Very good point about try before you buy. I bought a G22 after trying a G23 and then for size comparison a G17 and G19, I found that I had a better grip with the full size even though I don't have large hands. It all comes down to personal preference.

As others have said the 40 will always be snappier than the 9. 40 is by nature a snappy round which is why I don't like it

and never intend on owning a 40. Personally I would take the 17 over the 22 cause of my bias toward 9mm. Glocks do

a great job managing recoil so in 9mm you really can appreciate the design.