Regulator72

my Remington 700 Milspec 5R project

I purchased a Remington 700 5R a year or so ago thanks to JimmyAGR letting me shoot his at CJRPC.. I wasn't a huge fan of the stock so i upgraded it to the Mcrees Precision R7ST Stock in FDE and loved the color. I met Dan from Precision Firearms Coating in Edison @ the outdoor show. Dan does Cerakote & Hydrocoating and decided to get my barrel done to match the stock.... (my buddy had his glock done as well). Still need to work on a better scope and decide if that too will be FDE...

Here's the before;

milspec5r1_zps51fedd76.jpg

New stock installed, chrome barrel

2012-03-26_13-47-59_92.jpg

2012-03-26_13-47-49_785.jpg

Barrel in FDE

IMG_6684_zpsb20b1b9d.jpg

IMG_6685_zps1273c4f6.jpg

IMG_6687_zps9bedd978.jpg

IMG_6680_zpsa7c2419d.jpg

Overall I'm really happy with both the stock & Dans work. The color is damn near exact and the Cerakote job is flawless..

Here's my buddies Glock w/digital camo & grip Stippling

IMG_20130224_232324_448_zpsbebea8b5.jpg

Really really nice man, I am in the process of the next steps on my 700 and this looks really really nice. I'm sure a pretty penny though? But really awesome looking.

How do you like that Bushnell Elite 4200? I almost bought one a long time ago for of all things a .22LR lol, MidwayUSA had a huge Bushnell closeout sale and they had Elite 3200 and 4200s half off, and a $800 4200 was like $479... it was very tempting but I said to myself, WTF are you really going to do with that thing on your 597 lol.

Really really nice man, I am in the process of the next steps on my 700 and this looks really really nice. I'm sure a pretty penny though? But really awesome looking.

How do you like that Bushnell Elite 4200? I almost bought one a long time ago for of all things a .22LR lol, MidwayUSA had a huge Bushnell closeout sale and they had Elite 3200 and 4200s half off, and a $800 4200 was like $479... it was very tempting but I said to myself, WTF are you really going to do with that thing on your 597 lol.

I honestly really like the 4200, no complaints at all. It's hard to replace it, especially in terms of cost.. Clear glass..

Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments.. Would you match the scope or keep it black?

Also, Dan @ Precision is an Edison LEO & super nice guy. He's just starting out and I talked to him about the forum, so we might see him sign up here as a vendor once he gets rollin... The stippling work he did on my buddies glock is really nice, you have to almost throw the gun to get it out of you hand :-) (ok, not really, but you get the idea.. lets not start a "threw my gun" post again :-) )

Don that looks great! I might have to contact him, was thinking of getting one of my AR's cerakoated. I like the bolt just the way it is. I put a Vortex Viper 6x24 on my Remmy, nice glass for the money.

funny you mention that scope, I've got one in my cart on Amazon for over a week now... you bastard... Did you get the 1st focal plane one?

IF Tony did't get the stippling done on the grips, he could have multicam'd the whole gun. It wouldn't look right with the multicam on the stippling..

funny you mention that scope, I've got one in my cart on Amazon for over a week now... you bastard... Did you get the 1st focal plane one?

IF Tony did't get the stippling done on the grips, he could have multicam'd the whole gun. It wouldn't look right with the multicam on the stippling..

No I have the 2nd FP model. I couldn't justify the 1st FP. You are more then welcome to play with it. Let me know when you can get to the range.

No I have the 2nd FP model. I couldn't justify the 1st FP. You are more then welcome to play with it. Let me know when you can get to the range.

Yeah, i didn't think it was worth it either, shoot fine without it now..