Photo

Opinion- Would you like to see a Gun Store and Range in Old Bridge?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 matty

matty
  • Home Range:CJRPC

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

Yes, nj gun people need another shop/range to complain about pricing, employee attitude, srrvice, and vow never to darken the door of again. :)

#32 gunguy1960

gunguy1960

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

Sell pizza, the customers usually walk out happy.

#33 Duppie

Duppie
  • LocationMonroe Township.
  • Home Range:No where until ammo prices return to sane levels.

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

Yes, nj gun people need another shop/range to complain about pricing, employee attitude, srrvice, and vow never to darken the door of again. :)

While I tend to agree with your tongue in cheek assessment of the average NJ gun range patron,this is not solely a NJ phenomenon. Log on to Yelp and search gun ranges in Miami or San Antonio. You'll find that whiners transcend state borders.
Frankness in the service of insight must not be confused with being rude or uncaring.

#34 dtown223

dtown223
  • LocationDumont, Bergen County
  • Home Range:Cherry Ridge

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

We need a giant range in the meadowlands! Come further up! :fan:

Listen to this man!
Dave T

#35 whiteout

whiteout
  • Home Range:Brick armory

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

First off....just to be realistic.....do you have the money to enter this venture?

Second...do you have the "right" contacts?

Its not that easy.

how hard is it? What about selling ammo online, What kind of capital are we talking about? I am starting the process and thought a good way to start off was a only a couple kinds of rounds on gunbroker or armslist? Would $100k be enough to start?

#36 Sonnylee

Sonnylee
  • LocationClark NJ
  • Home Range:OBRPC, Range 14

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

Looking for a partner?? I'd be willing to venture in..
Life Member NRA, NJ2AS, OBRPC, RANGE 14, HORNADY 366, USPSA MEMBER. OBRAMS
TRAP AND SKEET SHOOTER. CCW PENN. FLORIDA.
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
"WE THE PEOPLE"

#37 revolver7786

revolver7786
  • Home Range:CJRPC

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Also variances approved for an indoor shooting facility in Monroe the middle of last year but no further word on any progress since.

they are still working on the site plan which should be approved in the next couple months. progress is being made but all the recent gun politics have slowed everything down a bit.

#38 Heisme

Heisme

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

Yes to a store and a public range!

#39 jm1827

jm1827

Son, fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

• Premier Member
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationMillstone NJ
  • Home Range:Range 14

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

yes, yes, yes...

Joe

NRA Member
NJ2AS Member

5+ months for a FID change of address...

5-1/2 months for my latest P2P...

A process we were told would take 30 days or less.

ALL who work for a living must vote to outvote those who vote for a living.

โ€œThe Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.โ€  JAMES MADISON

#40 Duppie

Duppie

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

they are still working on the site plan which should be approved in the next couple months. progress is being made but all the recent gun politics have slowed everything down a bit.

Thanks for the update,myself and some neighbors are quite excited to the possibility of having a range so close. I do hope however the business plan is not one akin to some of the ranges that recently opened or in the works where the emphasis is on recouping one's investments in as shortest time as possible leading to exorbitantly priced memberships,range fees,ammo,accessories and firearms.
Frankness in the service of insight must not be confused with being rude or uncaring.

#41 buell508

buell508
  • LocationJacobstown NJ
  • Home Range:FT Dix R-14

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

yes

#42 East Brunswick Sportsman

East Brunswick Sportsman
  • LocationEast Brunswick
  • Home Range:South River Pistol Club

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

You will not be allowed to open a range or gun shop in Old Bridge. PM my personal account if you would like to speak further.

Henrym

#43 mandec

mandec
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Home Range:EFGA

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

I would love to see a place like this in Old Bridge, especially if there is a public range.

There are some decent paintball fields in OB, so I like the idea, but I fear having all of those in one shop will spread it too thin. Jack of all shooting sports, master of none?

The training facility would be great though, I would think there is a lot of opportunity there for intro or home defense courses.

#44 henrym

henrym
  • LocationEast Brunswick, NJ
  • Home Range:Old Bridge / Shore Shot / Range 14

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

Ok so I guess the OP decided not to pm me so I will post it here.

I suppose most of you no longer remember the fact that Old Bridge was the site of an active shooter incident less than 12 months ago. The political climate in this town will not permit anyone to open anything firearms related for some time. In addition to this, when the general public learns of your plans, you will receive some of the most emotionally charged backlash that this state has ever seen, and you wil SURELY have your plans thwarted before you get any further.

GLOCK Certified Armorer
USPSA Range Officer

I think the term ergonomics was invented by a panty waisted, tender little liberal fella with tiny hands that probably smells like cabbage and shame. Run the gun, don't overthink how it feels until you shoot it a whole bunch. -- Irish Mike

#45 Smokin .50

Smokin .50
  • LocationNear Old Bridge NJ
  • Home Range:Old Bridge, Monmouth, Cherry Ridge, on the Farm in Vernon!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

I suppose most of you no longer remember the fact that Old Bridge was the site of an active shooter incident less than 12 months ago. The political climate in this town will not permit anyone to open anything firearms related for some time. In addition to this, when the general public learns of your plans, you will receive some of the most emotionally charged backlash that this state has ever seen, and you wil SURELY have your plans thwarted before you get any further.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

And if you still wanted to try, you'd have to spend at least a few hundred thousand just on a public relations campaign. Then millions on just the Land Buffer, then all of the regular costs associated with building a Commercial Property: Permits, Legal, Zoning, Construction, Stock, Labor, Advertising, Insurance, Bond to the Town, Cleaning Service, Phone, Internet, Taxes, Uniforms, Software, Hardware, etc., etc., AND THEN EVERYBODY HERE WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT PRICES, WANT SPECIAL DEALS FOR FORUM MEMBERS and then go buy stuff over the internet!!!!!!!

JMHO

Dave
Being SAFE is my FIRST priority. Bring enough Gun & have all of the Fun you can Handle! Have 10 Ga., WILL knock Pheasants out of the Sky!

#46 Duppie

Duppie

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

I recall when Ira at Legend was doing a feasibility study on a range with lounge and store in OB, had the already standing commercial space committed and then nothing became of it...perhaps he also encountered the pitfalls you've described and realized it was a futile endeavor

#47 M4BGRINGO

M4BGRINGO
  • LocationSouth River
  • Home Range:OBRPC, Citizens Rifle & Pistol, Mallard

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

You're too funny Rosie! :)

#48 JibbaJabba

JibbaJabba
  • LocationMonmouth County

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

How about Freehold/Howell/Shore to give people another place besides Shore Shot and the Armory?

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." -Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

"[W]hen the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised by an artful man, who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually...I ask, who are the militia? They consist of now of the whole people, except a few public officers. But I cannot say who will be the militia of the future day. If that paper on the table gets no alteration, the militia of the future day may not consist of all classes, high and low, and rich and poor..." -George Mason

#49 TheLugNutZ

TheLugNutZ
  • LocationSouthern Monmouth County
  • Home Range:Range 14

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Yeah i have been thinking about trying for an FFL in howell, but i dont have the cash to start a range. I live in Howell tho, so i am open to talking to someone about being a managing partner if one is needed to get something started. I havent gone to the howell zoning board yet. Not sure if it makes a difference but howell is pretty conservative and issue permits in 3 weeks, well last time i went anyway. So maybe the zoning board is a little more lenient with firearms related ventures... who knows...

I have said it a few times, but something on Rt9 in howell/freehold would be a killer location!
Wayne

#50 dimitrge

dimitrge
  • LocationUnion, Union County
  • Home Range:union county

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

Why not union county? There is 1 public range only open Sunday 12-5 and a far as gun shops. Dicks is it. Since Rays closed yrs ago there is nothing around. Next closest is hertige guild in avanel and bullet hole believe

#51 Smokin .50

Smokin .50
  • LocationNear Old Bridge NJ
  • Home Range:Old Bridge, Monmouth, Cherry Ridge, on the Farm in Vernon!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

Basically it all boils-down to margins and Return On Investment (ROI), no matter who tries to do it wherever they want to open a store with range. Speaking just for myself, I wouldn't join a range that's only indoor since they prohibit black powder and clay birds thrown in the air--two of my greatest "loves". Besides, shooting at paper gets boring really fast, and high velocity rifle fire in the same indoor range hurts my ears. Maybe I'm just "spoiled", but there are a lot like me! That's why I mentioned "Buffer Zone" property purchasing. An outdoor facility needs a lot of "breathing room" for noise abatement issues.

Buying/leasing property along a major highway is in the millions. That's one of the reasons that Ray's is now a parking lot for an Automobile Dealership.....
Being SAFE is my FIRST priority. Bring enough Gun & have all of the Fun you can Handle! Have 10 Ga., WILL knock Pheasants out of the Sky!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users