What BUIS do you use and why?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Displaced Texan

Displaced Texan
  • LocationStratford, NJ
  • Home Range:SJSC

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

I like the Matech BUIS. Low profile, yardage adjustable out to 600 yards, and can be had relatively inexpensively.

I use it on all my optics equipped AR's.
"Facts don't cease to exist, simply because they are ignored". Aldous Huxley

#62 Shawnmoore81

Shawnmoore81
  • Locationsouth jersey
  • Home Range:salem county sportsmen's club

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

My sig came with metal sig sights that look like Troy. My quadrail also looks like it's Troy. They work well

My s&w I have the magpul mbus and like em
NRA life member
range safety officer
rifle instructor
shotgun instructor
Pistol instructor
Refuse to be a victim instructor
new jersey department of fish and game hunters education instructor (shotgun & rifle)

#63 Silence Dogood

Silence Dogood
  • Home Range:CJR&PC

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

1198-2.jpg

"Oppression breeds the ability to resist it."

#64 SgtToadette

SgtToadette
  • LocationHopewell
  • Home Range:Easton Fish and Game Association

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

Range report on the LWRC Skirmish sights:

I really wanted to like these sights. The design is excellent. I really like the rotating aperture which lets the sights be folded down with either the small or big holes. The sight picture is also very good.

However, they did not fare well in the execution department. While there is a a positive clicking sound when the sights are folded up, there is definite wiggle which is concerning. I went to go sight them in, starting at 25 yards, and it was shooting eight inches or so inches low, and 2 inches or so right. Albeit very consistently. No amount of adjusting the  sights seemed to help.

Now I'm no gunsmith or shooting expert, but I can be pretty darn sure I know how to slide some sights on my rails and screw them on. I can also be pretty darn sure I can put a hole where I want it at 25 yards with an AR. These are not problems I've had on the same rifle with a pair of MBUS sights which cost a third as much. I'll be contacting LWRC customer service after I take another range visit to confirm that the issue is the sights. I'll be bringing both the MBUS and Skirmish sights.

All in all, very disappointed. Maybe I got a bad run, but for a product that carries the LWRC name I expect a whole hell of a lot better. If all else fails, I'll probably throw on some Troy HK style sights and call it a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users