gun594

Is a Ruger 22/45 legal in NJ?

I have a 22/45 and LOVE IT! It is legal. If you are purchasing through a reputable dealer, they would only sell you New Jersey legal firearms. It is when you do F2F or ordering online or buying long arms out of state that you really need to worry.

I assume that he's asking because the "Lite" version has a threaded barrel. That is only one evil feature - you need two in order for it to be prohibited. You're GTG.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I also have a 22/45 but not the lite version. A friend of mine has the lite version. I prefer the steel barrel, it feels better in my hand. I found the lite version to be very "lite" and I don't particularly care for that feeling in a firearm. My 22/45 also has a threaded barrel. The 22/45 is all legal I can assure you. The friend with the lite version is into CAD and a "high tech" machinist. He designed and built comps for both of our guns. Beautiful pieces.

I assume that he's asking because the "Lite" version has a threaded barrel. That is only one evil feature - you need two in order for it to be prohibited. You're GTG.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

So the pistol grip on the pistol doesn't count as a pistol grip evil feature? Haha, just kidding:P

Common Sense gun law, huh? *facepalm*

I also have a 22/45 but not the lite version. A friend of mine has the lite version. I prefer the steel barrel, it feels better in my hand. I found the lite version to be very "lite" and I don't particularly care for that feeling in a firearm.

That's because it's made for a can.

I know its an old topic but I am possibly moving to NJ (yeah dont ask why, I must) from North Dakota.

I got Ruger 22/45 Lite - cobalt anodize : http://www.ruger.com/products/2245Lite/models.html

We know for sure it has 1 evil feature as threaded barrel. 

But how about the shroud that completely covers the barrel ? Doesnt that count as 2nd evil feature and makes it illegal ?

Thanks

I know its an old topic but I am possibly moving to NJ (yeah dont ask why, I must) from North Dakota.

I got Ruger 22/45 Lite - cobalt anodize : http://www.ruger.com/products/2245Lite/models.html

We know for sure it has 1 evil feature as threaded barrel. 

But how about the shroud that completely covers the barrel ? Doesnt that count as 2nd evil feature and makes it illegal ?

Thanks

That's actually not a shroud, that's a barrel sleeve. You cannot hold the firearm by the barrel sleeve, unless of course you have oven mitts on. That firearm is NJ legal and I would sell it.

• Like 1