pbkid6974

free float rail suggestions

BTW, can anyone that has a Troy Alpha rail measure the inside opening of the rail for me? I think I should have enough clearance but I wasn't able to find those dimensions anywhere.

You should be fine Jorge.

Here is a pic looking down a LW 14.5 Middy with a BCM lo-pro .625 gas block and Troy 13" VTAC rail.

The pic is a little off center but you get the idea, you should be alright with your cut down FSB.

014_zpsa14de8ff.jpg

So I picked up the 13" Alpha rail and installed it over my modified FSB. It fit over it without issue and with space to spare. Install was a breeze and the rail seems extremely solid. Without anything mounted on it, if you drop the BCG you can hear the "tinnnnnng" of it resonating which to me sounds like its mounted really solid. I'll post pics up later.

So I picked up the 13" Alpha rail and installed it over my modified FSB. It fit over it without issue and with space to spare. Install was a breeze and the rail seems extremely solid. Without anything mounted on it, if you drop the BCG you can hear the "tinnnnnng" of it resonating which to me sounds like its mounted really solid. I'll post pics up later.

glad to hear the troy is a solid fit. thats what im probably going to end up getting. i just got my upper today ill probably try to cut the fsb this weekend. i guess i should place an order for flip up front and rear sights too. then i just need a stock, reciever end plate, castle nut, buffer spring, buffer and and trigger and ill be ready for the range.

Here is an 11" Troy Bravo rail on a different AR. Cutting down the FSB got a lot easier the second time around. Took under 1 hour. Feel free to PM me if anyone needs help doing it.

b89e766b4e6a132778af9b74f3589321_zpsed53

5dc86ffdc89c0c785fc160c3e8d726f2_zpsafcd

5c5a1b7c8603ddb4b3fa476e48f10b75_zps7993