Donobieus

AARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

So I get a phone call from Toms River PD on Friday....."We havent received your references yet....is there a problem?" Crap....both of my references...a local LEO and an FBI agent.....both dropped the ball and put my letter in their "to do list".....so i spent the weekend yelling and screaming and got both letters to hand in myself on monday.....Just venting since i turned in the application on April 4th and i know they've both had them for almost 2 weeks....just AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I call my references and tell them to expect something in the mail. And if they would please respond promptly..

PS: I also use guilt, that the next time they need something from me, I might just sit on it... Seems to work like a charm..

So i dropped off the references today...and once again, Elaine was as pleasant as could be. Told me that getting the references back in a timely manner is the reason for so many holdups. So I guess i'll start counting the days from today and see how it goes. *crosses fingers*

On another note, why wouldnt i want to use a LEO as a reference? By my thinking, if the PD cant trust the word of one of their own vouching for someone, who can they trust?

Both of mine are good friends and fellow gun owners. I asked them for a reference and the reason why. They called me the same day they received my letters from PD to tell me they completed the letters and were already in the mail.

Unless the LEO and FBI agent are your closest friends, pick other references. Your references don't need to be in the club, they just need to be smart enough to answer the questions they are asked and reliable enough to get it done.

No body was ever denied because their references were teachers, garbage collectors, or accountants.

Unless the LEO and FBI agent are your closest friends, pick other references. Your references don't need to be in the club, they just need to be smart enough to answer the questions they are asked and reliable enough to get it done.

No body was ever denied because their references were teachers, garbage collectors, or accountants.

A buddy of mine was a local officer, the new detective in charge of pistol permits would not accept him and i had to use someone else..

We can't use our local PD for references. We also can not use immediate relatives and the references must know us for at least five years. I never had a problem though. I hand-deliver the letters back to the station.

One of my references, who is PD in my town, retired. It was nice...they would put the letter in his "in" box and I never had to worry.

He just retired. Got a letter (not a phone call) from the PD asking me to call about my application. Crud, I thought. When I call I'm told that the reference isn't back....he retired...sitting in his mail box...should I send it to his house? It's enough to drive you batty.

Applications submitted on 3/7. Fortunately the reference is the last thing...everything else is done.

Wow!!! Got the call today that my FID and 3 p2ps are ready to be picked up!!! Exactly 2 weeks from the day that i dropped off my references and 32 days from the day i dropped off the applications....I gotta say, Toms River has more than impressed me! Now to finish talking my friend into selling me his M&P .40 for less than half what he paid for it! LOL